Westside Academy in collaboration with Study Overseas Specialized Institute is an organization which is saddled with the responsibility of providing qualitative educational services both internationally and locally to students who wish to study in America, Europe, Asia, South Africa, Nigeria, etc.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
Job Title: School Career Counselor
- The job of a Career Counselor is to assist students in understanding their choices for post-secondary education and career training; provide information and direction to students, parents, teachers, and administrators about career and educational services available to eligible students.
Functions of a Career Counselor
- Compile data from variety of sources for evaluating program success.
- Coordinate variety of events and programs (e.g. student assessments, classroom presentations, career fairs, student placement and follow up, teacher and counselor in-services, self esteem programs, etc.).
- Maintain liaisons with post -secondary institutions and employers.
- Prepare a wide variety of manual and electronic reports and materials for communicating with staff, students and comply with program requirements.
- Perform other related duties as assigned for ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- Specific skill-based competencies required to perform the functions of a Career Counselor.
Job Title: School Literature Teacher
- Responsible for instructing student about the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar. Assigns books and essays for students to read and teaches them how to identify themes, points of view, and other characteristics.
- Instruct students on interpreting literature.
- Assign books to read, including classics and contemporary novels.
- Help students interpret literature and poetry.
- Provide background on authors’ life and works.
- Teach students about the structure and content of the English language, including proper grammar, spelling, and sentence structure.
- Teach about different literary styles.
- Create instructional resources for use in the classroom.
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities
- Create positive educational climate for students to learn.
- Read and stay abreast of current topics in education.
- Utilize various curriculum resources.
- Utilize curricula that reflect the diverse educational, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds of the students served.
- Develop incentives to keep participants in class.
- Develop professional relationships with other agencies and programs.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Observe and evaluate student’s performance.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by invoking approved disciplinary procedure.
Experience: Job-related experience with increasing levels of responsibility is required.
Education: Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in job-related area.
Job Title: History Teacher
- The job of a school History teacher is to implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students and to support the teaching of History and the humanities subjects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To ensure that all work undertaken meets the requirements of the Teachers Standards and the development of the agreed standards over time.
- Planning and preparing lessons and resources related to the delivery of courses across key stages.
- Inputting and reviewing progress data for all students in line with the schools agreed assessment calendar.
- Liaising with the appropriate colleagues in relation to any identified underachieving students putting in place appropriate intervention as required.
- Promoting the general progress and well-being of individual students and of any class assigned.
- Making records of and reports on the personal and social needs of students.
- Providing or contributing to oral and written assessments, reports and references relating to individual students and groups of students.
- Communicating and co-operating with persons or bodies outside the school as required and under the direction and oversight of the head of curriculum.
- Participating in arrangements made for the appraisal of performance.
- Advising and co-operating with the Head teacher, managers and other teachers of Westside Academy on the preparation and development of courses of study, teaching materials, teaching programmes, methods of teaching and assessment.
- Participating in arrangements for preparing students for public examinations and in assessing students for the purposes of such examinations, recording and reporting such assessments, and participating in arrangements for students’ presentation for and supervision during such examinations.
- Strive to deliver a consistently good standard of teaching
- In consultation with the head of department, contribute to the planning, design and production of good quality teaching materials and resources, appropriate to age and ability
- Contribute to the wider life of Westside Academy by participating in the provision of Extension, Enrichment and Enhancement activities through the planned programme.
Experience: Job related experience with increasing levels of responsibility is required.
Education: Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in job related area.
Application Closing Date
15th June, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org