ACTED – Since 1993, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED, headquartered in Paris, France, is present in four continents and our teams intervene in 34 countries towards 8 million people, responding to emergency situations, supporting rehabilitation projects and accompanying the dynamics of development. Over 5,000 staff are dedicated to implementing and developing our projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Project Manager – Shelter
Location: Maiduguri/ Abuja
Contract: Fixed term
Duration: 8 months
Starting date: ASAP
- In response to the emergency situation in Nigeria, ACTED recruits.
- To ensure the project is implemented in a timely and professional manner, according to objectives, goals and indicators, in line with donor requirements and based on beneficiary needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Project Planning
- Project Implementation Follow-up
- Administration and Operational Management of Project Implementation:
- External Relations
- Quality Control
The qualified candidate must have:
- University degree in a relevant field, including Project Management, Architecture/Engineering or other related field
- 3+ years of field experience in humanitarian relief and/or development programs focused on shelter construction and settlement planning, ideally within urban emergency contexts, and/or in the Middle East
- Knowledge of global (and preferably locally-adapted) shelter standards and practices
- Knowledge of and experience with donor practices and requirements, the project cycle process, and humanitarian or development program solicitations and applications
- Knowledge of and experience with program monitoring and evaluation
- Understanding of operational guidelines and project management tools, including notably budget management
- Ability to operate Microsoft Word, Excel and Project Management software required.
- Knowledge of and practical experience in the development of training modules and methodologies for community-driven shelter approaches, HLP promotion, and other relevant approaches
- Salary defined by the ACTED salary grid; educational level, expertise, hardship, security, and performance are considered for pay bonus
- Additional monthly living allowance
- Free food and lodging provided at the organization’s guesthouse
- Transportation costs covered, including additional return ticket + luggage allowance
- Provision of medical, life, and repatriation insurance + retirement package
- Sécurité sociale, Mutuelle et rapatriement pris en charge par ACTED
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications including cover letter, and CV’s to: email@example.com Under Ref: PMS/NIA
Application Deadline: 31st August, 2017.