For over 35 years, the humanitarian aid organization SOLIDARITIES INTERNATIONAL has been committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
After providing emergency aid, our humanitarian teams accompany the most vulnerable families and communities until they recover their livelihoods and self-sufficiency, to enable them to deal with the challenges of an uncertain future with dignity.
Job Title: Storekeeper
Job Type: Full Time
Qualification: Secondary School (SSCE)
Experience: 1 year
Location of position: Maiduguri, Nigeria
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Comply with the core humanitarian principles of neutrality, impartiality, humanity and independence as well as with the principles and mandate of the organization at all times.
- The store keeper manages the receipt, storage, safe-keeping and delivery of food, goods, tools and equipment used by Solidarités International or under the responsibility of Solidarités International.
- He/she participates in the drafting and monitoring of all administrative documents related to stored items.
Maintenance of buildings, storage spaces and stored equipment
- Monitor the storage facilities and infrastructure both from inside and outside: locate damages and propose the necessary repairs
- Supervise cleaning and regular disinfection of storage spaces
- Introduce protection against insects and pests inside the storage spaces and apply treatment upon the first sign of infection
- Ensure adequate ventilation of the spaces
- Ensure the equipment and machines used by teams are cleaned before returning to storage
- Monitor the quality of products at the time of receipt.
- Put aside non-compliant or infected products ( ex: Chlorine HTH) and report to the logistics officer
- Regularly monitor the quality of products during storage. Pay special attention to expiration dates
Management of storage spaces
- In conjunction with the logistics officer, make provisions for the staff and necessary equipment for loading / unloading
- Supervise the team of daily workers charged with storage activities
- Draft or complete dispatch and receipt documents in compliance with Solidarités International standards
- Monitor incoming and outgoing equipment
- Maintain updated inventory lists
- Participate in monthly stored goods and equipment inventories and reconciliation with what should be in stock
Drafting of reports
- Draft weekly and monthly stock report and send it to the logistics officer on time.
- Give regular (daily) news about the status of the stock to his/her line manager.
- Secondary School
- Minimum 1 year working experience as store keeper or Guard
- Languages: English and local languages will be required.
- Personal qualities: self-motivated, enthusiastic, organized, professional and understands and believes in humanitarian principles
Please submit your application (CV, cover letter, photocopies of diplomas, certificates of employment etc) to Solidarités International office at : No 8 Manassa Street, Behind Polo ground, Maiduguri, Borno State for the attention of :Emilie Benkemoun, Base Logistician Maiduguri, or send by email to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Application received after 1700 hours on 17th of April, 2017 will not be entertained
Due to the urgent needs of this position this advertisement might close earlier.
Job Title: Logistic Project Manager
Job Type: Contract
Location: Monguno, Borno
Desired Start date: 10/05/2017
Duration of the mission: 6 months
About the Mission
SI has been operating in Borno State since July 2016, and is strongly focusing on the massive life-saving needs of the conflict-affected populations, through a 3-legged strategy:
- Multisectorial early recovery interventions in secured areas, implemented at neighborhood level in order to take into consideration the environmental context, risk factors, availability of resources and resilience capacities at a community level. This holistic approach entails a vulnerability-tailored assistance combined with a capacity building component.
- Acting on water to fight against malnutrition. SI with its partner, a medical NGO, is doing its best to reduce malnutrition rates, especially of under-5-year children, alongside host communities and displaced people. To do so, SI equips nutrition and healthcare centers with water treatment and sanitation systems. In parallel, in host communities in both cities and in the camp in which 40,000 displaced people are living, within the walls of an old school in the city of Monguno, our teams are renovating water points, building toilets and working on water treatment solutions.
- Reducing food insecurity. In Maiduguri and especially Muna Garaje, SI is implementing cash distribution programmes with vouchers (particularly for families with acute-malnourished children) to permit food access to the most vulnerable populations. SI aims to reduce significant food insecurity in the area. The other important line is that our team is acting on the stabilisation and safeguarding of livelihoods, to empower populations and decrease their dependence on food assistance, and furthermore, to reduce food insecurity.
- An emergency multisectoral assessment capacity in remote areas: RRM-inspired, and taking into consideration Borno State-related security and access situation, this axis would allow the provision of concrete, response-sizing oriented data to the humanitarian community, in strong coordination with mapping and coordination actors (OCHA, IOM database, Intersos interactive mapping database).
- Rapid response mechanism in IDPs camp-like settings outside Maiduguri: subsequently to the assessment axis, SI is aiming at covering the basic needs of displaced and non-displaced populations pockets in Borno most affected LGAs, in completion of ICRC’s current one-shot coverage. In this perspective, SI is going tomade available a warehouse in Monguno for humanitarian actors working in Borno state in order to support their intervention in Monguno and areas around Monguno.
Organization of the Mission
- The Nigeria mission is currently stabilizing its opening process. Due to projects’ expansion, a substantial increase in base staffing is ongoing in February and March 2017.
- Coordination is expected to spend a considerable amount of time in Maiduguri, in direct support of field based operations.
- Therefore, the mission has a coordination team based between Abuja and Maiduguri, which includes a Head of Mission, an Administrative coordinator, a Logistics Coordinator and a Deputy Country Director.
- Operations are to be based in Maiduguri, Monguno and other relevant areas such as Dikwa and N’gala.
- In Maiduguri the team is currently composed of one Field Coordinator, Project Manager(s), a Base Logistician and an Administrator.
- The Monguno sub-base is composed of a Responsible of Base supervising the Administrative and Logistics supported by a Log/Admin assistant recruited as national staff and an activity manager. One PM Multi setor and one PM Logistic.
- The Dikwa sub base will open in March 2017 and will have the same set up.
About the Job
- To address logistics needs of humanitarian actors working in North-East Nigeria, SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL (SI) is providing partners with a logistic platform.
- Under the responsibility of the Area Coordinator and with the support of the coordination team and HQ, the Logistic Project Manager will:
- Manage timely implementation of the project in collaboration with the partners;
- Guarantee that the overall project cycle management complies with SI and donors standards;
- Oversee monitoring of these activities;
- Ensure smooth coordination with I/NGOs and other stakeholders;
- Ensure a correct follow-up of the administrative and logistic aspects of the project;
- Support the professional development of project staff;
- Regularly report on activities (statistic, review monthly objectives, etc.);
- More specifically: the Logistic project manager is responsible of the storage of the goods. He/she organizes, coordinate, supervise and manage reception, storage and handling of the goods.
The outcomes of the project are the following:
- An adapted and weatherproofed (concrete floor) storage capacity for different types of products
- An ability to launch humanitarian intervention in emergency within Monguno city, including:
- Agencies joint contingency plan and capacity
- Swift and coordinated availability of items on Monguno
- An ability to swiftly launch humanitarian interventions in the neighboring LGAs (Marte, Baga), would they be accessible, including:
- The triggering of alerts, and a multi-sectoral assessment capacity.
- The safely transportation of goods on site.
Project Management and/or Log Coordinator
- Work in Emergency Context and Remote set up, Developing country strategy and programing & mission opening
Technical skills and knowledge:
- Experience in Project Cycle / Logistic and Storage
- Training and Team Management
- English mandatory, Hausa is a plus
Other desirable qualities:
- Unstable security conditions in Maiduguri, ability to adapt and work under pressure
A salaried post:
- According to experience from 1600 euros gross per month, plus 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly, and a monthly Per Diem.
- As a special benefit for the Nigeria mission from the 1st of January until the 30th of June 2017, each expatriate will receive 500 euros on his monthly gross salary.
- Accompanied with 600 usd monthly per diem.
Social and medical cover:
- Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks.
- Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
- During the assignment, the expatriate is entitled to R&R every three months: two weeks at three months with a 500 euro allowance and two weeks at six months with a plane ticket back home covered by Solidarités.
- After 6 weeks one the field, expatriate will be encouraged to take 1 week in Abuja (3 days off and 2 days in office)
Method of Application
Use the email/link below to apply.
Storekeeper – email@example.com
Logistics Project Manager