Our client is a major player in the upstream and downstream segments of the petroleum sector. With a quality portfolio of oil and gas assets in Nigeria, their capabilities extend through upstream (exploration & production and drilling), downstream, trading of oil product, sub-surface engineering and data appraisal for geophysics and petroleum projects.
Job Title: Operations Manager- FPSO
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 10 years
- Job Purpose: To manage FPSO operations including its human and material resources safely and efficiently to achieve organizational objectives.
- Responsible and accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the FPSO.
- Responsible for effective day-to-day onshore technical monitoring, direction, planning and technical support of the FPSO maintenance, cargo, marine and process activities.
- Provide technical and procedural direction in the FPSO maintenance, cargo, marine and process activities to minimize downtime.
- Responsible for Flag and Classification Society survey status. Ensure the timely and effective planning, preparation, and execution of surveys to always ensure certification remains valid. Ensure ABS reviews and approves the continuous Hull and Machinery Surveys (CHS / CMS).
- Prepare and manage planned minimum shutdown maintenance projects in respect of budget preparation, manning, mobilization / demobilization of personnel, material and equipment delivery to FPSO, sub-contractors and vendors support. Coordinate, follow and support these activities through to conclusion.
- Work with clients, contractors, & local communities regarding any issues concerning vessel and equipment functionality and personnel.
- Participate in the preparation of annual budgets; give support in the monthly control of the forecast and Profit Plan update.
- Increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services through improvements to each function (HR, IT, Finance) as well as coordination and communication between functions.
- Develop, maintain and monitor the Base’s accounting systems and procedures, capturing all billings and receipts and keeping accurate records of all revenue transactions. Recommend and implement improvements to systems in conjunction with the Chief Finance Officer where appropriate
- Manage, plan and schedule onshore engineering, material and equipment support for maintenance and repairs.
- Maintain through the FPSO OIM and Heads of Departmental a continuous technical performance and reliability review of the FPSO for the cargo, marine, maintenance and process systems. Identify corrective action where performance falls below acceptable standards and take all necessary corrective actions whenever deficiencies are identified.
- Obtain all necessary technical support for the FPSO operations by liaising and effectively coordinating with the local technical team, the FPSO Engineer in Monaco, manufacturers, vendors and contractors. Liaise with the Company Operations Support and Asset Group in Monaco for review, costing, approval, process, execution and close out of design modifications.
- Liaise, report and advise Clients personnel on cargo, marine, process, maintenance and technical matters and establish effective communication with client to ensure that a good working relationship is continuously maintained on all related matters.
- Organize the Emergency Response and Medevac in collaboration with Client Emergency Response Plan.
- Act as the primary point of contact onshore for the OIM in all cargo, marine, maintenance and production disciplines.
- Review the FPSO complement, material, equipment and technical services requirements in consideration of the operating budget. Manage contracted technical activities and specialist or vendors as required to ensure the safe, reliable and efficient operation of the FPSO.
- Comply with, actively participate and commit to the implementation of the Company Management System. Implement and manage the operational and technical portion of the Company Policies.
- Ensure that the Company Management System is being effectively implemented by carrying out required verifications.
- Participate in implementing the company procedures offshore and onshore (codes of practice, operations manuals, permits to work, risk assessment, reporting, etc.).
- Participate directly in the negotiation and the issue of sub-contracts and main suppliers’ service agreements. Periodically review and update these contracts.
- Participate in the selection of local employees, (review of CV´s, interview, appraisal, familiarization, training etc). In particular, monitor the offshore approved complement and review annual staff appraisals.
- Make regular visit offshore to maintain presence and authority and motivate the offshore team.
- Responsible for training Operations Engineers for career development and advancement.
- 10 years’ experience 5 of which must be in upstream operations, preferably in a supervisory capacity.
- Degree in Petroleum Engineering/ diploma in Mechanical, Marine or production engineering or related field
- Excellent organisation and planning skills
- Experience handling multiple projects simultaneously including prioritizing, organizing and planning effectively to meet all deadlines.
- Additional Information
- (This Position Description reflects the general level and nature of the Position. It is not intended to be all inclusive.)
Job Title: Instrumental/ Mechanical Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 8 years
- Job Purpose: Responsible for the design, installation, management and maintenance and repair of all machinery and mechanical equipment in the operation sites.
- Responsibilities include:
- Oversees the management, design, and installation of the machines and control systems used in operation sites
- Develop completion designs for platform and subsea wells, selection of appropriate materials (metallurgy, elastomers etc.), selection of sand face completion techniques, completion stress analyses.
- Daily checks and monitoring of all rotating equipment in the FPSO ie diesel generators, transfer pump, compressors, crane etc.
- Prepare maintenance schedule for rotating equipment and write daily report for operational maintenance.
- Ensure operation, proper servicing and daily preventive maintenance on drilling and safety equipment.
- Monitor regular supply and distribution of power to wherever necessary.
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Ensure permit to work & isolation are fully implemented.
- Liaise with Marine Department to replenish consumables fuel and water on Board.
- Run and retrieve BOP.
- Carry out minor repairs on diesel generators, pumps, crane engine, compressors etc. when the need arises.
- Carry out daily checks on spares and report to the supervisor on timely provision of spares needed to avoid unnecessary breakdown.
- Daily checks , documentation and hourly monitoring of the running parameters of the generators to avoid unplanned shut down.
- Run daily checks on water level, oil level, fan belt condition.
- Support contractors on major repairs like complete overhauling and other technical activities.
- Daily checks, monitoring and reporting signs of failure that cannot be handled immediately to the supervisor on board so as to call for timely support.
- 8 years Oil and Gas experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in maintaining machines and mechanical components
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- Good supervisory skills
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Computer literacy
- Additional Information
(This Position Description reflects the general level and nature of the Position. It is not intended to be all inclusive.)
Method of Application
Use the links below to apply on company website.