Unilever is one of the largest global Fast Moving Consumer Goods Company and manufactures some of the world’s best-known brands, such as Rexona, Lipton, Omo, Lifebuoy. With 2 billion consumers using our product every day, getting the final product to the consumer at the right quality, at the right time and price takes serious business expertise. Supply Chain Management is responsible for the whole process, from sourcing the raw materials to getting a great product onto the supermarket shelf.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: UFLP Graduate Research/Development
Job Number: 170004ZF
Job Field: Research/Development
Shift: Day Job
Job Schedule: Full-time
What Will You Be Doing?
- Formulation Development: Whether the product is a deodorant, shampoo or an ice cream, as a formulation technologist your role is to make the marketing idea come to life, ensuring all the sensorial properties (taste, aroma, appearance, feel, and smell) excite and delight the consumer.
- Consumer Technical Insights: The CTl role is to investigate how consumers’ ‘needs’ or ‘desires’ translate into a product. You will link the consumer to technology by commissioning product evaluation, sensory research, and consumer habit observation studies.
- Processing Development (Engineering): With over three hundred factories worldwide, a vast array of process technologies are applied in order to convert raw materials into process.
- Chefmanship: As an Innovation chef you will draw on your extensive knowledge of regional and global food trends; fusion of flavours; and consumer needs to bring the power of meal times to life through brilliant products that taste as good as homemade.
- Packaging Development: The battle for the “shelf” and the consumer’s attention will be won or lost through eye-catching and functional packaging. You will develop the best structural packaging design concepts for the brands, and then engineer these into workable designs using the latest technologies
- Regulatory Affairs: ensures we can get Unilever’s products into the market place and keep them there by guiding project teams through country specific regulations such as advertising standards and, ultimately ensuring that we protect the consumer.
- Nutrition and Health: Do you know that Flora margarine can help you fight your high cholesterol? As a Nutritionists in R&D you will lead the delivery of health benefits into our products as well as
What will the Programme Involve?
- The programme is designed to grow you into a manager in 3 years (if your performance is up to standard), through hands-on learning alongside world-class experts.
- You’ll develop your individual leadership skills by working on live projects which offer you all the experience you need to become ready for your first management role.
- Over three years you’ll cover at least three or four placements to provide experience in key business and functional areas
What do we look for?
- Bachelors degree in natural/ applied sciences and /or Engineering. We have a preference for BSc (Microbiology, Chemistry etc), BEng, Chemical & Mechanical engineering Degree’s.
- Strong analytical skills
What Will You Learn?
Learning from Experience:
- You will experience yourself evaluating innovation launches on global brands like Rexona and Ponds, or shaping investment decisions with major customer.
- Learn from People:
- You will get the business coaching from experienced managers, individual mentor and even a buddy.
- Formal Learning:
- You will have training sessions that encompasses a mix of professional, business and leadership skills. For Professional training, in the first and second year, you’ll be having three weeks of some of the best Supply Chain training around through the Unilever Supply Chain Foundation.
- After the first year, a wide range of internal and external training programmes are available to develop both your skills and competencies as you progress your career.
- Support and Empowerment:
- We’ll support you every step of the way to senior management but much of your progress will be up to you.
- We have a proven tradition of developing our own purpose driven leaders and encourage innovative thinking.
- Future focused feedback and challenging goals drives innovation and ambition within a performance culture and an inclusive and informal environment.
- We will push you to achieve your potential and make a big business impact where you learn from the best.
- You’ll need to be focused and ambitious to get where you want, identifying opportunities and taking responsibility for your own development.
- Firsthand experience – it’s the fastest way to learn. Come join us create a Bright Future Made You.
- Note: Sometimes, correspondence may end up in your spam folder. Therefore, it is important to regularly check your spam folder during the entire recruitment process.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Application Deadline: 30th April, 2017.