The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is the largest humanitarian network in the world. Its mission is to alleviate human suffering, protect life and health, and uphold human dignity especially during armed conflicts and other emergencies. It is present in every country and supported by millions of volunteers.
The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is dedicated to preventing and alleviating human suffering in warfare and in emergencies such as epidemics, floods and earthquakes.
Job Title: Office Clerk (Premises)
- Assists the Premises Officer in following up on maintenance work in residences
- Tags and verifies ICRC tangible assets in office and residences and ensures inventory data are entered into ICRC Asset register
- Co-ordinates the compilation and maintenance of accurate inventory record and ensure regular update of asset register
- Manages standard items list in residences before arrival and after departure of mobile staff
- Manages electricity recharge and gas re-fill in residences
- Supervises premises related staff (House staff, Gardeners etc.)
- Supervises maintenance of panic alarm system
- Deals with external interlocutors
- Responsible for all premises related filings and statistics
- Responsible for premises and infrastructure
- Degree Qualification or equivalent in Engineering, Business Administration or Estate Management
- Similar work experience desirable
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Working knowledge of Computer systems (MS word, Excel, Power point)
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to drive light trucks and buses.
- Willingness to travel at short notice
- Good management skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Team Player
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under pressure and handle concurrent tasks simultaneously
- Ability to interact with people at all levels with excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Possesses good maintenance culture
Method of Application
Persons interested and qualified should send application letter, curriculum vitae, copy of valid driver’s license and contact details of three referees to
Please clearly indicate “Premises Office Clerk Abuja” as the subject of your application
(Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
Deadline: 29 May, 2017
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
- The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.