Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc – Headquartered in Ibadan is responsible for electricity distribution within the south western zone (Oyo, Ogun, Osun and kwara as well as some parts of Kogi, Ekiti and Niger states).
We are an organization with a focus on delivering excellent service to the customers and providing customer satisfaction through reliable power distributions.
IT Technical Support
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 5 years
Locations: Kwara and Oyo Regional Office
- To ensure the smooth running of computer systems, applications and services across the organisation (Location: Kwara and Oyo Regional Office).
- Installs and configures computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Monitors and maintains computer systems and networks
- Follows written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system;
- Supports the roll-out of new applications – tests and evaluates new technology
- Troubleshoots system and network problems and diagnoses/solves hardware or software faults
- Reports incidents and problems (as required) to the Service Desk for escalation to appropriately skilled/ experienced support staff
- Performs hands-on fixes at the desktop level; including installing and upgrading software, creating file back-ups, configuring systems and applications, replacing parts as required, etc.
- Maintains proper records including procedural documentation, relevant performance reports; managing stocks of equipment, consumables and other supplies, maintaining records of software licenses, etc.
- Sets up new users’ accounts and profiles and deals with password issues
Qualifications and Requirements
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related areas
- Possession of the following certification is recommended: ITIL, Comptia A+, Enterprise Desktop Support Technician (Win 7)
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office, MCSE, MCP, and CCNA, as well as Server Administration and support, is desirable
- At least 5+ years of experience in supporting end users including the range of technologies used such as desktop computers, printers, IP phones, local area networks, productivity applications, etc.
Functional Competence Requirements:
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware
- Experience with Microsoft based Desktop Operating Systems (Windows 7 and Windows, XP 8) Windows 10
- Extensive application and infrastructure support experience
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities/ Systems analysis
- Ability to troubleshoot/ research into a wide range of technology issues
- Excellent written and oral communication skills presentation
- Good knowledge of the following technology & applications – LAN technologies, Office productivity tools, End User Computing Devices (Desktop Computers/ Laptops, Printers, IP Phones, etc.), Windows OS, SAP
Interested and qualified candidates should APPLY HERE
Deadline: 28th August, 2017