Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 263,900 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters.
Deloitte West Africa is a cluster of Deloitte offices that has joined together to provide seamless cross-border services to our clients in the region and to pass on the benefits of scale and access to resources that this organization can generate. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across these regions: Nigeria and Ghana.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 2 years
- Location: Abuja
Requisition code: NG159731VA
Direct Report: Deputy Chief of Party
Business Unit: General
- Deloitte is leading a power sector transformation programme which has been established by a development agency to support reform within Nigeria’s power sector.
- Key objectives of the reform programme include addressing gas to power challenges, competitive procurement of clean and conventional energy, utility distribution sector reform, and off-grid electricity access.
- Ideally, the project will enable 10,000 MW of new-rehabilitated electricity generation capacity, and 3 million new electricity connections, enabling reliable and affordable electricity access to millions of people for the first time.
- The Technical Analyst will support the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) with research and data analysis in the areas of off-grid solutions (solar home systems, mini-grids). The ideal candidate will also be required to work in the Northern part of Nigeria.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge and understanding consulting tools/methods such as hypothesis development experience, market research, report writing, amongst others
- Use appropriate technology skilfully and identify improvements to achieve efficiencies and enhance deliverables
- Use technology tools in area of specialization–sometimes with assistance from others
- Contribute ideas for potential solutions to business needs and to develop solutions, consulting with others as appropriate
- Support business development efforts through data gathering, research, or proposal development
- Understands the key components of a work plan
- We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to.
- Must possess excellent communication and presentation skills, and be comfortable interacting with executive-level management
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills
- Maximum 2 years of relevant experience
- Have a minimum of six credit in WASSCE/GCE/NECO Ordinary Level subjects or acceptable equivalent examination, including Mathematics and English Language in one sitting only
- Have a minimum of second class upper (2.1) or equivalent CGPA in any discipline, and possess formal evidence of completion
Key Competencies Required
- Ability to team with others to produce a high quality work product to ensure a superior client experience
- Ability to collect, assimilate and analyze relevant data and use standard processes and tools to help surface and support solutions
- Ability to apply basic financial concepts to client and Deloitte business models
- Ability to maintain a positive, professional attitude and adapt to changing priorities to instil confidence in team
- Ability to use and apply frameworks to organize concepts, identify gaps, and communicate ideas clearly
- Ability to value and consider the diverse perspectives and backgrounds of colleagues and clients
- Ability to apply technology fundamentals to client situations
- Ability to find and leverage a diverse set of resources and share findings with others
Leadership / Behavioural Capabilities:
- Living our Purpose – Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
- Influence – Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- Performance drive – Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- Strategic direction – Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction
- Talent development – Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Competitive Edge ‘ Applies deep knowledge of disruptive trends and competitor activity to drive continuous improvement
- Inspirational Leadership – Establishes a strong leadership brand and inspires followership through passion, integrity, and appreciation of others
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 14th December, 2018