The Nigerian Stock Exchange, services the largest economy in Africa, and is championing the development of Africa’s financial markets. The Exchange offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more. It is an open, professional and vibrant exchange, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Lead – Treasury
Department: Finance Department
Grade: Team Lead – Treasury
Report to: Chief Financial Officer
Estimated Date of Resumption: Thursday, June 1, 2017
- The Finance Department is within the Office of The CEO of The Exchange. The Exchange needs a consummate finance professional with a strong personality, good people management skills and the ability to work as a team player to support the Department in maximising investment income as well as assist to contain costs.
- This is a an important back-office role with high control responsibility as the holder is the Exchange’s first line of defence in the process of ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the Exchange’s transactions processing and maintenance of integrity of financial system, also managing the liquidity position of the Exchange.
- Process all transactions involving The Exchange into the relevant business systems (MICROSOFT AX DYNAMICS)
- Ensure that transactions processing are done in line with corporate policies, accounting policies and relevant regulatory/legal pronouncements
- Take active part in the development and/or refinement of investment and accounting policies as it relates to deals and transactions processing
- Process payment to contractors and suppliers. In addition, he/she must ensure that payments are made within the approved TAT for transactions processing
- Ensure that post-mortem verification of all transactions is conducted daily to ensure that errors and or irregularities are discovered promptly and escalated to the departmental and/or divisional head promptly.
- Develop processes to ensure accounting of all treasury transactions on ERP, compliance with investment policies, regulatory requirements like exchange controls, anti-money laundering, CBN regulations and ensure completeness and accuracy of ledger entries on the financial statement.
- Continuously collaborate with the Information Technology Team to devise better and more efficient methods for processing of transactions
- Ensure that transactional documentations are complete with all the requisite approvals before such transaction is processed
- Ensure appropriate treasury operations and credit management policies and procedures and ensure continuous review and update of the unit’s policies to align with the departments’ objective on efficiency. Maximization of profitability of assets under management and meeting of set targets from time to time by Management
- Ensure timely preparation of board reports on the investment and portfolio position on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Prepare confirmation letters for all treasury deals, ensuring that all deals promptly confirmed with counterparties
- Ensure the timely preparation of weekly and monthly cash forecasts
- Ensure that all transactional documents are filed in neat and easily retrievable manner
- Prepare weekly reconciliation of all bank accounts, maintained by The Exchange which includes the investigation of all open items and timely resolution of such items
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of all bank accounts, maintained by The Exchange and its subsidiaries which includes the investigation of all open items and timely resolution of such items
- Develop processes that will achieve significant reduction in account receivables, ensure prompt, billing of all the Exchanges’ customers and payment of vendors according to terms on the purchase Order and the Exchanges approved vendor processing cycle. Evaluate, develop and implement cash management systems to optimize efficiencies and continually explore opportunities to maximize funds and working capital
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree with emphasis on Economics, Finance & Accounting or any other numerate courses (sciences and Engineering)
- At least one relevant professional qualifications e.g. ACCA, ACA Minimum of 5-7 years’ work experience in the Capital Market or banking business within Treasury, Treasury operations and/or Financial Control
- Must be able to build strong partnerships with business and corporate staff, communicate to a wide variety of audiences in clear, understandable language
- Analytical Thinking
- Financial Management
- Numeric Skills
- Treasury Management
- Financial Reconciliation
- Microsoft Office Packages
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
- Change Management
- Time Management
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Application Deadline: 12th May, 2017.