Transsion Holdings, the company formerly known as TECNO TELECOM LIMITED, established in July 2006, is a high-tech company specializing in the R&D, production, sale and service of mobile communication products. After years of development, Transsion has become an important part of the mobile phone industry and one of the major mobile phone manufacturers in the world. Currently, it has full ownership of three famous mobile phone brands TECNO, itel and Infinix, and an after-sales service brand Carlcare.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience: 5 years
- Location: Lagos
- We are looking for a suitably qualified professional to fill the position of Tax Manager.
- This role involves innovative tax management, tax planning and research, effective management and supervision of all tax audits (FIRS & LIRS), ensure compliance with all tax laws and regulations, complete and accurate tax returns, filing returns within timeframe and legally minimize tax obligations.
- Keep track of the Nigerian tax and regulatory update as well as the business developments of the companies and assess potential tax impacts on the companies;
- Involve in tax planning for the companies’ various business initiatives and ensure that the tax structure is properly implemented;
- Manage tax compliance filings of all entities in Nigeria and ensure that the filings are completed correctly and timely;
- Coordinate with the external tax consultants in various tax projects to facilitate the process and ensure the quality of the projects;
- Implement the tax internal control process to make sure that tax risks are properly identified and managed in our day to day operation
- Advise on and implement improvements to the tax internal control process if needed;
- Ensure the proper implementation of transfer pricing policy for the companies’ related party transactions;
- Provide internal tax trainings to various departments to improve the sense of tax compliance requirements and to promote the synchronization of cross-functional processes for more effective tax management;
- Handle tax assessment/audit/investigation cases, formulate and execute defense strategies and involve in negotiation with the tax auditors.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, and growth environment.
- Must be detail-oriented and well-organized.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and set priorities.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite, especially Excel.
- Proven ability to manage a team or group of people effectively.
- Capable of leading the tax function of a company independently, experience in dealing with tax audit cases is preferred
- Good professional ethics, excellent communication and coordination skills with teamwork spirit
- Logical thinking ability with excellent business sense.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must possess at least a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or any related discipline
- Master’s Degree and Professional Certification (ICAN, ACCA, etc.) would be an added advantage
- At least 5 years’ working experience in Nigerian tax, familiar with Nigerian tax compliance requirements, tax accounting and local tax practice
- In-house tax experience plus tax experience in a well-known international accounting firm is advantageous
Note: Due to a high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates would be contacted.
Interested and qualified? Go to Transsion Holdings career website on docs.google.com to apply
Deadline: 20th December, 2019