Supply chain managers plan and organise the movement of goods and materials from suppliers and manufacturers right the way through to customers. If you’re well organised, a good negotiator and can work with people at all levels, there could be opportunities in this varied career for you.
Job Title: Supply Chain Manager
Job type: Full Time
- Work with procurement managers and buyers to select products that are in demand and will sell
- Negotiate and manage contracts with suppliers
- Plan the best way to get goods from suppliers to distribution centres then on to retailers
- Track shipments and stock levels using computer software
- Work with retailers to make sure they receive their goods on time and in the right condition
- Look at ways to improve supply chain networks
- Monitor overall performance to make sure targets are being met
- Prepare forecasts and inventories for reports to the company’s management team
- Recruit, train and manage a team of supply chain staff
- A minimum of HND or BSc. in any related course with 5 years work experience in Supply Chain Management.
- Good planning and organisational skills
- The ability to motivate and lead a team
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- Good problem-solving and maths skills
- Attention to detail
- Confidence in using computer packages such as spreadsheets and databases
- The ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Good geographical knowledge
How to Apply
All interested candidates should forward their Résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online Here
Note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.