The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
The American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking for suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below, this position is local position and opens to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria:
Senior Internal Auditor
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 4 years
Department: Internal Audit
Summary of Position
- The senior internal auditor is charged with the responsibility of providing a wide range of financial, compliance, and operational audits, business advisory and consultation services, investigations, internal control structures, accountability, and use of resources.
- Work is performed within policies included in state and federal law of Nigeria and administrative regulations of the University with wide latitude for the exercise of independent judgment and subject to periodic review on the basis of results achieved.
- The incumbent is under the general direction of the Director of Internal Audit.
- The duties shall also include but not limited to ensuring that the transactions of the university are in accordance with specific rules and regulations in force so that there are no cases of unauthorized payments, loss, extravagance or avoidable expenditure.
- Bachelor Degree/HND in Accounting or other Business related discipline from a reputable tertiary institution;
- Membership of any professional accounting bodies like ICAN, ANAN, CPA, ACCA etc. plus 4+ years’ experience in internal auditing, statutory auditing or accounting,
- Basic knowledge in Microsoft Office, database management experience required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English both oral and written.
- Capacity to prioritize by assessing situations to determine urgency.
Other requirements, abilities for the position:
- Must be detailed oriented, well organized and be able to handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Data entry experience necessary.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of manager, clients, customers, and the general public.
Description of Benefits
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
Method of Application
Applicants should submit their resumes, cover letters and references to: email@example.com before the closing date of this publication. The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status.