eHealth Africa designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings, and uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
Senior Business Analyst
Job Type: Full Time
Qualification: BA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
Experience: 5 years
A Senior Business Analyst is responsible for the requirements analysis and documentation, specification, development cycle and execution of a variety of GIS projects. S/he manages the sprint and release process and communicates all changes to relevant stakeholders.
Keywords: Requirements Analysis, Sprint Planning, Release Planning, Agile.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Discovers, documents, and prioritizes client needs and requirements
- Support Information Systems Manager in developing specifications, timelines, and budget.
- Manages prioritization in close coordination with the programs and engineering teams
- Decides upon release date(s) and content (Release Planning)
- Organizes and facilitates project planning, daily stand-ups, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other project-related meetings
- Tracks tasks and milestones and reports on the project’s progress
- Support establishment of geospatial analytics processes with the local development team
- Understands business process management and business requirements of the customers and translates them to specific GIS requirements
- Making sure that the recommended solution has a competitive edge.
- Effectively communicating with internal teams and external clients to deliver functional requirements
- Acting as an interface between stakeholders, program units, technology teams and support teams
- Provides expertise and help in translating system requirements and business design documentation
- Work with internal and external client to ensure quality business documentation
- Provide end to end solution and business details
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from college or university in Computer Science, Business Management, Engineering, Information Systems Technology or related field. A postgraduate degree is desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on business, product or project management experience with GIS services and product solutions
- Strong understanding of Agile, SCRUM, Lean methodologies
- Demonstrated experience to gather user requirements from a number of sources and build product requirements. Ability to identify product improvements that meet organizational and client needs.
- Experience in an Agile (SCRUM) working environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications with a strong aptitude for succinctly presenting thoughts and ideas to senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Organizational skills and great attention to detail.Must be able to work as a member of a team and possess good problem-solving skills
- Must have the ability to manage conflicts and resolve problems effectively
- Action oriented and resilient in a fast-paced environment
- Fluent in English
Certifications and Licenses
A professional certificate Project Management (PMI/PMP) Agile certification is an added advantage
- Fluent in the English Language.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Interested and qualified candidates should APPLY HERE
Deadline: Not specified