Sahara Group nurtures businesses in the energy sector. These companies operate essentially within the energy industry and its associated sub-sectors. The Group consists of individuals, who are determined to make a positive impact on the business environment.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
Job Title: IT Desktop Support Analyst
- The Role of the Desktop Support Analyst is to maintain and operate computer systems and/or network. The duties of an IT support analyst are wide-ranging and vary widely from one organization to another.
- The IT Support team is charged with installing, supporting and maintaining desktop computing systems; planning for and responding to service outages and other problems that may arise.
- To perform the job well, the role holder must demonstrate a blend of technical skills in desktop operating systems technologies, system administration and use of Microsoft Office tools.
- Other duties may include: End user education and IT Project implementation.
- Provide first level technology support and escalate issues to Tier 2 and 3 support when necessary
- Monitor and evaluate data network infrastructure: Switches, routers, data network devices, network links, GSM boosters, PBX, IP telephones and implement changes as required to improve performance.
- Monitor and evaluate voice network infrastructure: IP PBX, IP Phones, VoIP gateways, E1 lines and implement changes as required to improve performance.
- Interface with 3rd party service providers.
- Provide periodic reporting of IT Support operations.
- A Bachelor’s degree in the field of Computer Science/Engineering
- 0 – 3 years qualitative experience in technology deployment or support
- Certifications will be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skill, ability to work virtually, fluency in English as a contract language.
- Good Knowledge of windows 2008 Server operating system and Network Infrastructure (Active Directory, Group Policy, DHCP, DNS, File Services, etc.)
- Hardware and software troubleshooting skills· Good understanding of windows based applications and their interaction with the underlying operating system environment (Registry, System Services, Component application subsystem etc.)
- Dexterity in setting up and managing switches and routers
- Good report writing skills
- Good IT process understanding
- Very good problem solving skills – frequently under various sorts of constraints and stress
- Highly analytical, hard-working,
- Creative & Logical,· Organized, Professional conduct,
- Good interpersonal skills Working
- 2nd and 3rd Tier IT Support team
- 3rd party service providers
- Sahara Group staff
- Other Stakeholders
Job Title: Legal Manager
Location: Any City, Nigeria
- Candidate will be reporting directly to Head, Legal and he/she will manage subordinates and assume ultimately responsibility for their work product.
- The candidate’s strong background knowledge in either or all of the following areas- litigation, energy, power, regulatory liaison, corporate/commercial or company secretarial would be advantageous.
- Negotiating medium to high risk transactions with minimal supervision.
- Assisting the Head of Legal with high risk transactions or leading on various Nigerian power transactions and commercial negotiations.
- Researching and reviewing any new statutory and regulatory enactments that may affect the various entities under the Sahara umbrella and advising management accordingly.
- Negotiating with third parties, including regulatory officials and their counsel on behalf of the company.
- Drafting and providing legal advice on corporate and commercial transactions.
- Technical subject matter knowledge and experience in Gas and Power transactions would be an added advantage
- Ensuring that companies comply with the requirements of the law in each jurisdiction Sahara is doing business in by working alongside local counsel.
- Review and determine cases for litigation and advise management accordingly.
- Interface with external counsel in respect of litigation that the company is involved in and advise on litigation strategy or propose alternative dispute resolution.
- Advising on the set up of and incorporation of new entities and new businesses.
- Company secretarial assistance where necessary.
- Law Degree from a commonwealth jurisdiction.
- BL from Nigerian Law School
- At least 10 years post call experience, 5 of which must be core experience in a law firm or commercial Oil and Gas environment.
- Geographical mobility within and outside Nigeria where necessary
- The ideal candidate will have between 8-10 years of transactional work experience which preferably includes power sector experience in a law firm or an in-house position where the candidate has demonstrated an understanding of working on deals and transactions and has worked with external counsel on big ticket transactions.
- The candidate should ideally have a robust deal list.
- Technical knowledge of energy, power, gas industry
- Experience in working with regulators
- Strong IT Skills (Word and Excel)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiating and drafting skills.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task
- Ability to supervise and manage line reports
- Attention to detail
- Strong issue spotting and problem solving skills
- Committed and a go-getter.
- Team members and colleagues within the various Sahara group of companies
- Executive Management and Board Members
- External Lawyers, clients and other business partners
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s/Resume to: email@example.com