The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Abuja Delegation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below:
Job Title: Radio Room Personnel
Company: The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
Location: Abuja, Federal Capital Territory, Nigeria
Job type: Full-Time
- Supervises Radio Operations in Nigeria and manages the radio operators in the country
- Independently operates all machines for voice and for data communication
- Supervises radio and telecommunication and facilitates contacts and permanent field follow-up according to internal guidelines
- Manages and supervises radio operation schedule and shifts
- Establishes and provides guidance on telecommunication transmission guidelines
- Ensures new radio operators are properly trained about radio communication rules and procedures
- Participates in elaboration of security guidelines
- Act quickly in the event of an emergency and contact relevant managements to contain and help solve critical incidents maintain a detailed incident log for security reports
- University degree in ICT or Electronic, or equivalent Higher National Diploma
- 4 Years work experience in communications/Radio operations within NGO’s or similar function preferably with an international organization
- 2 Years’ experience in managing a medium size team of radio operators
- Very good command of written and spoken English, good knowledge of Hausa an asset
- Advanced knowledge on Windows based computers
- Excellent knowledge of radio (HF & VHF) technology and satellite communication
- Excellent knowledge of the geographically assigned environment
- No prior criminal conviction
- Capable and motivated to continuously update one-self on latest developments.
- Strong sense of responsibility and autonomy with good organizational skills
- Keeps attention to detail and is well organized
- Shows high level of leadership skills and has ability to offer coaching to colleagues
Application Closing Date
12th May, 2017.
How to Apply
- Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letter, curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org Please clearly indicate “Radio Room Responsible Abuja” as the subject of your application Note
- Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.