The Niger State College of Education, Minna was established as an advanced teacher’s college by the defunct North Western State Government when there was need to establish an additional Advanced Teachers College in order to meet the searing teacher needs in the state.
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 15 years
- The Provost is the Chief Executive of the College. He/she is expected to provide the required Academic/ Administrative and Professional Leadership for the College in executing the broad policy laid down by the Governing Council for the achievement of objectives for which the College was established.
- He/she shall foster good rapport with the relevant organs of the State Government.
- National Commission for Colleges of Education (NCCE), Tertiary Education Trust Fund and other professional and statutory bodies that would lead to the ultimate attainment by the College of the status of a centre of Excellence.
- He/she is a Chairman of the Academic Board that directs and oversees academic activities of the College.
- He/she is also a member of the Governing Council of the College in charge of providing periodic reports on the progress of the College in terms of personnel, infrastructure and ensuring that the decision of the Council are carried out promptly.
- Candidates should possess a Higher Degree from a recognized University preferably a Ph.D in field relevant to at least one programme in the College.
- The possession of a Professional Teaching Qualification Minimum of first degree in Education or a post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) is mandatory.
- Candidates must have a minimum of fifteen (15) years post qualification cognate experience and must not be below the rank of Chief Lecturer in a College of Education or Senior lecturer or a Reader/Associate Professor in a University or equivalent institution.
- Candidates must be able to show evidence of strong academic and administrative leadership, initiative and creativity in policy formulation and implementation, good human relation and positive managerial attitudes.
- Candidate must show evidence of good track record in result oriented researches reaching high National and international levels in their research achievements.
- Candidate must be of good conduct, possess sense of discipline, dedication, drive, resourcefulness and be able to command the respect and loyalty of the members of staff and the students of the College. He/she must be ready not to foster personal, social, ethnic, politics, religious and other personal selfish interest.
- ICT compliance is an added advantages
Salary and Condition of Service
- The salary and condition of service applicable to the post as approved by the State Government.
Tenure of Office
- The Provost shall hold office for a period of four years, which is renewable once for a second and final term.
Applicants should submit fifteen (15) type written copies of their applications and Curriculum Vitae (CV) highlighting among others, the following:
- Name in full
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- State of Origin
- Permanent Home Address and Contact Address (including GSM number(s) and e-ma address) vii, Marital Status and number of Children
- Institutions attended with dates
- Academic and professional qualifications with dates
- Academic Publications
- Working experience including kill details of former and present posts
- Detail of administrative experience and service with dates
- Academic and Non-academic recognition
- Membership of academic and professional bodies
- Extra-curricular activities
- Names and address of three (3) referees, two (2) of whom must be professional authorities in relevant fields
- A statement of the candidates vision for the College in the next four (4) years
- Candidates are to request nominated referees to forward their referees report under confidential cover to the Registrar, Niger State College of Education Minna
All applications and other correspondences should be submitted under confidential cover with the envelope sealed and on it marked: Post of Provost, Niger State College of Education, Minna.
To reach the office of:
Niger State College of Education,
Note: Late submissions will not be entertained and only short listed candidates/applicants will be interviewed.
Deadline: 23rd August, 2017