Ohonyeta Care Givers (OCAG) is a Non-Government Organization (NGO) established in 1997 in Otukpo, Benue State of Nigeria to address the socio-economic and health concerns of the people of Benue and other poor communities in Nigeria.
Ohonyeta which means ‘Saviour’ in Idoma, is the brain child of Dr. Esther Oigoga. She is passionate about addressing the challenges of women and children in and around Otukpo. She shared this vision with a group of selfless individuals and thus, Ohonyeta Care Givers was born.
Project – Logistics Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 3 years
- The post holder will be responsible for ensuring effective project implementation and management of ICCM commodities at community and LGA levels. The post will manage collaborations with focal persons in the LGA (CORPs, LLHFWs etc) and State CMS. S/he will provide technical support on effective management of commodities including tracking of commodities, compliance with storage and distribution, utilization and reporting of logistics data. H/She will work with Christian Aid’s State Programme Coordinator to ensure timely distribution of commodities to health facilities. The role will be responsible for effective management of commodities including tracking of commodities, compliance with storage and distribution, utilization and reporting of logistics data, ensure project activities are delivered on time, within approved budget and in compliance with standard protocols, policies and national guidelines. The role will maintain strong relationships through effective communication between organization, partners (donors and funders), LGAs and Central Medical Store (CMS).
- The role will ensure compliance with financial policies and procedures including reporting requirements and contribution made to other team members in the development and implementation of community based volunteers’ capacity development and training.
- Degree in Basic Health or any related field. S/he must have at least 3 years’ experience of working with an indigenous or international NGO.
- Experience in strengthening health commodities logistics management systems at local and state level.
- Extensive understanding of the national response to health care delivery and health policies, integrated community case management of childhood illnesses and maternal health.
- Knowledge and competency in gender-sensitive and inclusive programming
- Experience of managing donor-funded projects
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate project progress reports to a wide audience
- English fluency and ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Local language knowledge a plus.
- Familiarity with ICCM national guidelines desirable
- Skills and experience in state and local advocacy and lobbying processes
- Familiarity with Donor funding and reporting requirements
- Experience working with government institutions and agencies in Nigeria
- Remains energized and focused in the face of ambiguity, change or strenuous demands.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to coordinate and work well in a team.
Note: Salaries are attractive
Method of Application
Applicants should Send cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (stating the position as subject of the mail).
Deadline: 18th June, 2017