(Posted on: May 12, 2017)
Are you more active on Facebook? Click HERE to get all updates via Facebook
Comprehensive Community Mental Health Programme seeeks to fill the role below
Job Title: Project Accountant
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 4 – 6 years
- The Project Accountant is directly responsible for all financial and administrative tasks and procedures as well as the logistics of the CCMHP office, and ensuring that internal control systems are kept in line with CCMHP financial regulations and international standards.
- S/he will work closely with the Finance and Administration Manager to drive best practices in financial management and administration, while supporting collaborating partners in improvement of accounting systems.
- S/he will be based in Otukpo, and will report directly to the Finance and Administration Manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
The person should possess
- BSc/HND in Accounting, Finance, and Business Administration, or relevant field.
- 4 – 6 years of progressively responsible experience in public, private and NGO accounting.
- Good working knowledge of accounting, financial analysis, budgeting procedures and cash/bank reconciliation.
- Excellent skills in the use of Microsoft Office programs, like Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent skills in any accounting software package such as Peachtree, QuickBooks, Daceasy, etc. is required.
- Excellent analytical skill and sound judgment is required.
- The applicant must be able to carry out all assigned duties with minimum supervision.
- Ability to establish priorities according to workload, to plan and be able to deliver on deadlines.
- Ability to work in a small multicultural team environment.
- Knowledge of NGO financial rules and regulations will be considered an asset.
- Must be person of dignity, trustworthy, and highly confidential in professional manner.
- To prepare regular – monthly, quarterly and annual – finance reports on budget performance (income and expenditures overviews) and position of liquidity (bank and cash balances);
- To prepare budgets in coordination with management;
- To record and maintain financial transactions (accounting) including recording receipts and disbursements such as ledgers, cash books, vouchers and the like;
- To safeguard proper use of internal control procedures including the monthly reconciliation and control of bank and cash balances and reconciling data for recurring or special reports;
- To draft the annual accounts of the office;
- To manage all petty cash transactions and maintain records of these disbursements and balance accounts as required;
- To maintain contacts with local banks for verifying accounts status, collecting bank statements, verifying currency exchange rates and similar direct transactions;
- Fill payment vouchers in and write down related cheques for different payments;
- Prepare required financial documentation for both internal (periodic) and external (annual) audits;
- Send reminders to personnel and other accounting users regarding recoverable expenses;
- Supervise the up-to-date office inventory lists of fixed assets, especially equipment and furniture;
- Support CCMHP’s procurement process;
- Participate in financial monitoring of CCMHP collaborating partners;
- Participate in partner capacity assessments and development.
Administration and logistics:
- To arrange and maintain proper filing system and archive;
- To ensure that local tax matters, including income tax, payroll taxes and other taxes are adequately handled in compliance with the laws of Nigeria;
- To undertake office administrative and logistical tasks such as visa applications, work permit, tax exemption applications, domestic and international flights arrangements, accommodation, bookings, airport pick-ups, office purchases and transport / logistics of CCMHP staff and consultants as required.
- Prepare staff salaries and proceed to payment.
- Investigate prevailing foreign currencies’ bank rates, and apply to accounts as necessary.
- Ensure timely payment of office utility bills.
- Undertake any other assignments related to the position as requested.
- It is essential that the candidate meets the required qualifications above in the application.
- All applicants MUST produce specific and comprehensive information supporting each one of the stated criterion or the application will not be considered.
- Only successful applicants who meet the minimum requirements will be invited for the next step of the selection process, which consists of:
- An oral interview: checking the original certificates submitted in hard copies during the initial application, and testing of professional and personal capacities. If successful, candidates move on to the next stage of the selection process.
- A written test on computer skills.
- All candidates orally interviewed will receive feedback of the result of their application.
Method of Application
Applicants should submit one page letter of motivation (using the position reference as subject) clearly providing evidence of competences required for the job, with a Curriculum Vitae, copies of diplomas, three professional references and salary expectations by 4.00 pm on 22nd May 2017 latest All applications must be addressed to
The Programme Coordinator,
Comprehensive Community Mental Health Programme,
Near Archbishop’s Office,
Methodist Church Nigeria,
- Alternatively, interested persons could submit hard copies of their applications and relevant copies of their credentials at the CCMHP Office situated near the Archbishop’s House, Methodist Church Nigeria, Behind Jesus College, Otukpo, Benue State.
- Include your valid telephone number, e-mail address and current contact address in your application.
Please, note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CCMHP is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to tribe, colour, religion, gender, age, citizenship, or disability status whether physical, sensory or mental disability.
Deadline: 22nd May, 2017