Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities.
In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world. Join our dedicated and diverse staff in their work to improve the well-being of children everywhere.
Job Title: Procurement Coordinator
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- Coordinates procurement orders with concerned programmes, departments such as Administration and Finance to ensure that the right commodities are requested and ensure timely procurement and delivery of goods and services to the requesters.
- Provide procurement support and feedback to STEER project.
- Educate and assist all customers on planning of procurement (bulk orders) and ensure that all required documents are forwarded by the budget holders in time, with clear specifications, financial codes and appropriate authorization.
- Conduct regular market surveys of goods and services, establish and maintain a well defined Supplier database by initiating tender processes on standard items purchase regularly with the goal to establish standard frame contracts with main dealers and qualified and committed suppliers.
- Review procurement documents prepared by the Procurement Officer for correctness, transparency and full compliance with Audit and internal procedures and regulations.
- Organize regular (monthly) procurement activity reports for submission to the Supply Chain Manager
- Advise on best sources of supply and freighting options.
- Ensure all appropriate due diligence checks and risk assessments are carried out in line with organisational policy.
- Produce management information reports on a monthly and quarterly basis, including data analysis and recommendations on improving the efficiency of procurement services.
- Ensure professional management of all suppliers including maintaining good supplier relations and supplier performance review against key performance indicators and framework agreements, regularly updating this information into a global supplier database.
- Make suppliers aware of Save the Children values and their need to comply as part of agreements.
- First Degree in Economics, Law or related field.
- Diploma or Certificate in procurement or logistics is added advantage.
- Proven and significant experience in international procurement and contract management, including an ability to review procurement demands and trends, and to develop strategies to fill identified gaps.
- Field level experience in logistics for INGOs in international development and emergency programmes.
- Knowledge of key institutional donors and their compliance requirements in respect of logistics and procurement.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in.
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours in the event of major emergencies including travelling at short notice and for extended periods of time
- Highly organised with good administration skills for order and information management, able to develop filing systems and databases to ensure an auditable trail.
- A high level of computer literacy (word, excel, ppt etc)
18th April, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should APPLY HERE