Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by
answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Human Resources Officer
Under the direct supervision of: HR Coordinator
- The Human Resource Officer is responsible for assisting the Human Resources department in the Human resources tasks, including administrative duties for national and internal staff, recruitment and evaluation participation for national staff, follow up of contracts, filing.
Responsibilities and Tasks
1.) HR administration & follow-up:
- Supervision of staff in Capital Office & PUI bases in country level.
- Supervision of public holidays management & keeping informed all bases.
- Control & checking attendance sheet of staff and arrangement of monthly report for salary distribution.
- Maintain all Internationals’ records, passport and visas, contracts, boarding pass and tickets for Administrative & security reasons.
- Update and follow up of new Admin /HR formats.
- Ensure the compliance of National staff contract procedure as detailed in PUI Internal Regulation.
- Management and follow up of International staff issue in coordination with his/her supervisor.
- Follow up of staff Appraisal forms
- Ensure all new staff have ID cards.
- Prepare vacancy announcements for National staff in all PUI bases in the country.
- Receive all applicants’ Cvs, draft candidates’ list, conduct interviews to recruit in required positions and file all applicants’ CVs & Documents in specific binders.
- Draft employment contract for senior National staff and collect all information required for contract. (ID card, photos, identification information, reference etc.)
- Gather information from the bases and update in the Data RH all necessary information.
- Cross check the Data RH of each base by travel to each base to make sure they are following the accurate data and information.
- To prepare payslips based on the Data RH at the end of each month and ensure it is signed by each employee;
- Check and control all staff grade, salary & position to be in accordance with PUI salary
- grid and internal process
- To ensure documents regarding legal contributions to national schemes are regularly archived.
- Prepare the International staff presence table and Vacation follow up in the country and send it on a monthly basis to his/her supervisor.
4.) General administration & daily HR management:
- To file and archive the general administration documents (renting contracts, MoUs, etc.)
- To confirm employees attendance at the office through the proper keeping of attendance tracking forms;
- To file leave requests of all employees (paid leaves, sick leaves, circumstance leaves) and help the supervisor to draw up an annual leaves plan according to personnel requests
- To perform all necessary tasks related to the general administration of PUI Maiduguri office.
- Prepare documents for payment for Social Security and income tax.
- Ensure a proper filing system of all PUI staff in the country
- Supervise rent contracts of PUI offices and GHs in the country
- Update the personal folders of PUI expats
- Control and supervise the Filing and personal folder system of PUI on Monthly basis by travel to all bases to make sure the system is applied properly and folders have all necessary docs.
- Training of new staff for HR/Administration positions in bases.
- Organize Workshops to improve the base Human Resource knowledge of the PUI Administrative System.
- Brief Training for all new Staff on PUI HR policies.
Language skills: Fluent in English, Hausa
Education degree: Diploma in Human Resources or related field.
- Experience within an NGO is a strong asset
Knowledge & skills: Good analytical and writing skills
Work experience: Minimum 1 year experience in a similar position (NGOs, private companies or public sector)
Computer skills: Good knowledge of the MS office software including Word, Outlook. Excellent in Excel
- Commitment to the NGO values and principles
- Well organized, rigorous
- Ability to take initiative, autonomous
- Ability to set and adpat priorities in a changing work environment
- Confidentiality and strong sens of integrity
- Excellent communication and interpersonnal skills
- Diplomacy and problem solving
- Neutrality and impartiality
- The position must be clearly indicated on the Subject.
- Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be conducted.
- This position is open to Nigerian nationals only.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit copies of updated CV, letter of motivation and national ID card and reference contacts to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 19th May, 2017.