Nigerian Bottling Company Limited, member of the Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company (CCHBC) – anchor bottler for Coca-Cola with the franchise to bottle Coca-Cola products in 28 countries. We bottle Coca-Cola products in Nigeria, offering iconic non-alcoholic beverages such as: Coca-Cola, Fanta , Sprite, Schweppes and Limca in the sparkling beverage category; and 5 Alive and Eva in the still beverage category.
In line with our mission of enriching the lives of our local communities, we train and equip youths with employable skills in vocational areas, who will subsequently contribute to Nigeria’s capacity development. Thus, applications are invited for the vacant position below:
Water Process Technician
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 3 years
The Water Process Technician reports to the Syrup Room Team Leader is to Monitor Water Treatment Plant Activities and Ensure That Water Meant for Production Of Coca Cola Products Is Adequately Treated, Free Of Food Safety Hazards, And Meets TCCC Specifications.
Other Key responsibilities of the role include;
- To Monitor the Stock of Raw Water and Update Management Residual Chlorine from Borehole 1-3ppm.
- To Ensure That Treated Water Is Available Always for Production Purposes.
- To Ensure Good Housekeeping Status of All the Equipment and Environment Associated with The Water Treatment Plant.
- To Ensure That the Water Treatment Test and Operational Equipment Are Functional and Inform Management of Any Malfunction in Light of The Negative Impact on Water Quality. No Residual Chlorine in Treated Water.
- To Ensure That Backwashing of The Sand and Carbon Filters Are Carried Out.
- To Ensure That All Water Standards Are Met by Carrying Out All Test and Analysis at The Required Frequency.
- To Ensure That Appropriate Solutions Are Rendered to Problems Arising in The Cause of Operation.
- To Ensure That all water Treatment Test Reagent Are Available and Fit for Use.
- To Ensure That the Appropriate Corrective Actions Are Taken in Cases Where Out of Specification Results Are Obtained.
- Ensure the Compliance to Good Manufacturing Practice, Food Safety Practice, Good Environmental, Occupational Health and Safety Practices in All Line Activities. This Includes Monitoring Of Identified Oprp’s (Raw Water Storage & Carbon Filtration), Achieve Water Use Ratio Of 3.26, Achieve Solid Waste Ratio Of 21.10, Achieve Energy Use Ratio Of 0.38,Solid Waste Recycled Of 89.56%, Zero Lost Time Work Related Injuries
Required Skills, Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of OND or its equivalent in food science or physical science.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in related field.
- Interpersonal Relations & Team Work.
- Punctuality & Regularity.
- Initiative & Drive.
- Safety Consciousness & Uniform Compliance.
- Food Safety Management System
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 3 years
The Nigerian Bottling Company is seeking to recruit a Laboratory Technician. The Laboratory Technician will report to the Process Control manager .The role comprises supporting Brand protection and food safety through implementation and assurance of compliance to all company specified standards. To support plant packaging and raw material management program.
Duties and responsibilities of the position include;
- To ensure adequate process monitoring and control on production lines, carry out all quality related
- tests and document all tests results appropriately.
- Ensure all critical control points identified are monitored at required frequency and critical limits are not exceeded.
- To ensure that all beverage tests: brix, carbonation, taste, appearance, date code, crown crimp, torque, residual ozone, methyl alkalinity, total chlorine, residual chlorine ,nitrate, turbidity, chlorine, hardness, total dissolved solids, drop test, fill height and net content are correctly performed and at the right frequency as stated in the sop/work aid/work instruction and meet TCC requirements.
- Monitor and ensure ccps critical limits are not exceeded at asebi and filler) to carry out incoming inspection on all raw and packaging materials ( co2 crowns, glass bottles, preforms, caps , labels, stretch and shrink films etc) and ensure any material that does not conform to specifications is rejected accordingly.
- To ensure that all laboratory test reagents are available and fit for use to ensure that all bottling equipment are inspected before and during bottling operations and inform management of any malfunction in light on the negative impact on product quality.
- To ensure that the appropriate corrective actions are taken in cases where out of specification results are obtained.
- To monitor the performance and ensure the validation of asebi at required frequencies and corrective action taken if any abnormalities.
- To ensure non-conforming products are quarantined without delay and to ensure the safety of self and others while carrying out duties.
- To monitor all the sighters while carrying out their duties and to ensure the use of personnel protection equipment in the work area.
- To ensure good housekeeping status of all the equipment and environment associated with the lab, filling and bottling halls.Monitoring of all identified ccps and oprps in there work area and alert immediately management when critical limits are exceeded.
- Ensure the compliance to good manufacturing practice, food safety practice, good environmental, occupational health and safety practices in all line activities.
- Achieve plant water use ratio of , achieve plant solid waste ratio , solid plant waste recycled , zero
- work related , zero lost time work related injuries.
- Implementation and monitoring of all laboratory checks to CCH and/or Coca Cola standards and frequency including raw materials.
- Conduct Quality checks as per Quality Plan as and when required, responsible for the administration of all chemical and/or microbiological requirements.
- Ability to input all data to SAP.
- Detention of all non-conforming product, analysis of same, generation of and implementation of outcome, and reporting of each to the Plant Manager.
- Implementation of corrective actions generated from day-to-day activities including Quality results, consumer complaints, microbiological trends etc.
- Assurance of the effective activation of all activities required to deliver the required standards of the plant hygiene program through the establishment, implementation and monitoring of the compliance to the plant microbiological program.
- Generation and timely submission of all reports and documents as required by management, including stock control, corrective action report generation.
- HACCP program support.
- Reporting / Analysis of QA Technician compliance to the Process Control Manager .
- Manage line raw material and ingredient trial process.
- Manage continuous improvement projects relating to Quality.
- Support development and execution of plant Calibration program.
- Generate Statistical Process Control Studies.
- Contribute to the development of the Coca Cola Quality System.
- Conduct audits as per schedule & sustainability requirements.
- Conduct all continuous improvement initiatives relating to the Sustainability function as and when required.
- Conduct all duties relating to this role as and when required.
Educational qualification and required skills
- Minimum of B.sc Microbiology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or its equivalent.
- Minimum of Three (3) years experience within a food/ drinks production environment.
- Previous experience of Quality risk analysis/management or Experience of working in a microbiological laboratory.
- Statistical Process Control Trained.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work three (3) shift pattern.
- Work unsupervised within a team environment.
- Problem solving ability.
- Influencing skills.
- Knowledge of HACCP Principles
Regional Sales Trainer
Job Type: Full Time
Qualification: BA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
Experience: 5 years
The Regional Sales Trainer reports to Commercial Capability Development Manager and is responsible for classroom training and on the job coaching of commercial field force in line with the Regional business goals.
Other responsibilities include
- Delivers Classroom and In Field Training programs to calibrate Team and Line Managers performance. Will also attend key meetings to provide advice and support.
- Develop Regional training plans based on training needs analysis in conjunction with Commercial Capability Development Manager and Human Resources,
- Programmes in place and delivered to ensure that selling and commercial capabilities of the Regional sales teams are developed and follow through.
- Roll out Coca Cola Hellenic Basic Selling skills, SSV, Profit selling stories, negotiation etc. by ensuring involvement and commitment along the way.
- Encourage the Regional sales team to adopt new ways of thinking and behaving by working closely with the Commercial Capability Development Manager, Regional Commercial Directors, Commercial Managers, & Sales Managers to ensure that all the new and existing Basic Selling skills and other capabilities are successfully trained and coached to high standards in the Region. Be a role model for Coca Cola Hellenic standards and other capabilities.
- Support the SMs & SRs to foster their understanding of Selling skills and other capabilities by ensuring thorough communication process.
- Identify individual capability gaps by role and put plans in place to close the gaps. Helps to identify High Potential team members and put special plans in place to support/ grow their Talents.
- Drive Hellenic Good Morning Meeting (HGMM) standards across the Region
- Effectively manage the Mega Distribution Partners/Strategic Sales Distribution capability Development Program and other initiatives in the Region.
- Delivery of quality on-boarding programmes/inductions for new Joiners
- Act as an agent to encourage the transfer of learning across the region and drive best practice from own and other sources. Search for best practice locally and nationally in the areas of responsibility and Spin these into task at hand through the Hellenic Local community.
- Assists in delivering external training programmes for the Region.
- B.sc or HND in Social Sciences or other related disciplines
- MBA qualification will be an added advantage
- Min 5years successful commercial experience preferably in an FMCG /Drinks environment
Skills and Experience
- Experience in Commercial operations, Field Sales & / or Customer Marketing and Brand Knowledge.
- Develop others to deliver at their best – On the job Coaching
- Must be able to work, Influence and integrate team
- Problem solver, Quick learner, planning/ organizing, highly detail conscious
- Have a huge passion for growing and developing others
Experiential Execution And Innovation Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 4 – 5 years
Key Responsibilities of the role include:
- Lead the process of introducing, evaluating and deploying new POS materials for trade
- Lead POS material evaluation and feedback mining on POS material effectiveness in trade
- Share and manage the adoption of group-proven innovative materials for displays in general trade and key accounts
- Focus on leveraging on learnings from other categories and industries in experiential execution
- Drive cost-effective material usage for existing POS materials
- Evaluate, recommend, manage and review experiential agencies for innovative Experiential Execution for events
- Implement environmentally-friendly or recycling initiatives in the use of production materials for POS materials that drive transaction growth
- Source and use market data to determine, recommend and drive new pack or size introduction
- Partner with agencies to deploy experientials that have a “WOW” effect
- Recommend and drive impactful executions what appeal to the senses of sight, sound, smell, feel and taste
- Share Act as functional SPOC for the Country Experiential Execution Excellence portal
- Evaluate and recommend new and insightful promotion ideas
- Experiential marketing content for “Coca-Cola/NBC” events and programmes
- Learnings from group learning platform and create WOW shopper impact in the stores, at festivities and at events.
- To deliver channel specific devices that drive transaction growth
- Introduce innovative cost-saving alternatives and environmentally friendly in-store devices
Qualification & Experience
- B.Sc, HND or relevant experience in Business Admin & Marketing. Professional qualification/membership is an added advantage.
- Introducing group-proven innovations in POS material usage and experiential execution Experience
- 4-5 years’ experience in a Commercial-oriented Function or Industry (with at least 2 years in a Creative or Experiential agency)
Required Skills & Competencies
- Industry prowess on up-to-date and recent developments and strong vendor management skills
- Graphics and creative acumen, including use of colours, materials, formats, etc
- Ability to work independently with no or limited supervision, with great presentation skills
- Customer focus
- Being resilient
- Drives results
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Water Process Technician
- Laboratory Technician
- Regional Sales Trainer
- Experiential Execution And Innovation Manager
Deadline: Not specified