Cuso International is a development organization that works to reduce poverty and inequality through the efforts of highly skilled volunteers, collaborative partnerships and compassionate donors.
Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 3 years
Reporting to the MEAL Manager, the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist ensures that the project continues to monitor, evaluate and report on strategic outcomes based on reliable evidence and engages stakeholders in learning for planning project course corrections and communicating results.
Accounting for Project Outcomes
- Implement the performance monitoring framework with all relevant staff, volunteers and partners
- In conjunction with the MEAL Manager and the M&E consultant, collaborate with project staff and partners to develop evaluation plans and frameworks, data collection protocols, tools and systems
- Ensure that the MEAL system fully reflects and incorporates Cuso International’s gender equality commitments as outlined in the Gender Equality Strategy and Action Plans
- Ensure that gender considerations are effectively integrated at design, implementation, analysis and report writing stages for all M&E products
- Support in ensuring that all data collected is sex and age disaggregated in line with Cuso International minimum standards
- Support in the development of mid-year and annual reporting requirements, and the needs of external program evaluations.
- Support monitoring and evaluation capacity building initiatives of the project with project partners and stakeholders
- Support periodic reflection and analysis of lessons learned by project component managers and their teams internally, and through focus-group discussions in collaboration with partners and other stakeholders
- Support the MEAL Manager in the development of M&E plans, tools, survey designs, methodologies, data analysis and other services that may be required for program monitoring, evaluation and learning
- Work with MEAL Manager to ensure that M&E activities take place in line with M&E plan, and supervise each stage of the process (design, implementation, analysis, feedback mechanisms, report writing)
- Support the regular production and updating of key lessons learned from the project
- Assist the MEAL Manager in ensuring the implementation of all aspects of the YouLead MEAL system in close collaboration with the Cuso International MEAL Team
- Work with the project staff to improve YouLead accountability to our local beneficiaries and other stakeholders
- Support baseline survey, internal mid-year and annual reviews and external program evaluations
- Support monthly reporting on activities by project component managers, to ensure effective monitoring and documentation of project progress as per Annual Work Plans and the project Performance Measurement Framework (PMF)
- Plan and conduct project site visits to provide hands-on training to field staff and partners on how to capture and organize information for accurate documentation, analysis and reporting.
- Explore possibilities for use of alternative qualitative or quantitative data collection software or methodologies, and applying them as required.
- Carry out other duties as required by the MEAL Manager and the Project Team Leader, from time to time.
Significant practical, analytical and theoretical knowledge and experience of international development work in Nigeria including:
- A strong awareness of gender and equity issues and knowledge of issues affecting young women and men (key target groups for YouLead) in the context of GESI [Gender Equality and Social Inclusion]
- An appreciation of the contribution that the private sector and business development approaches can bring to sustainable development
Technical knowledge and experience in monitoring and evaluation
Significant proven experience with:
- Logical framework approach to defining project outcomes and indicators
- Methods for monitoring and evaluation (including quantitative, qualitative and participatory)
- Planning and implementation of M&E systems
- Gender equality objectives in partner’s capacity building plans
- Familiarity with, and a supportive attitude towards processes of strengthening local organizations and building local capacities for self-management
- Demonstrated experience in measuring and tracking vulnerable groups in programs and projects
- Good understanding of what determines vulnerability in humanitarian and development context
- Good understanding of running quantitative data collection exercises using open source or digital mobile data tools
- Experience disaggregating information and data by sex, age, social-economic status, marital status, disability, etc.
- Capacity building in M&E development and implementation
- Facilitating learning-orientated focus group discussions with multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience with integrating and measuring gender equality results, including gender disaggregated and gender sensitive baselines, indicators and targets, as well as gender sensitive data collection & analysis.
Communication, representation and networking
- Excellent communication skills – the ability to articulate project views efficiently and positively in various formats, including speech, panel, debate and group discussion
- Demonstrated ability to communicate good practices and learning in working with both young women and men that contributes to breaking down negative gender and generational stereotypes.
- Proven ability to work effectively in many teams, in a multi-cultural context and where teams may be geographically dispersed.
- Proven ability to be self-serving in IT (Email, Advanced Excel and PowerPoint) and willingness to develop IT skills in Cuso International’s corporate monitoring and evaluation system
- Strong skills in using Microsoft Office and other software applications relevant to Monitoring Evaluation and Reporting (e.g. ODK, SPSS, epi-info, CSPro or similar.)
- Considerable experience in data entry and data management.
- Proven knowledge of statistical
- Pro-active approach to work planning
- Considerable problem solving and decision-making skills
- Flexibility and willingness to do all tasks needed to meet project goals and timelines
- Good time management in relation to priorities
- A University degree in Statistics, Social Science, Development Studies or a related discipline
- Minimum of 3 years of development experience, with at least 2 years working in monitoring and evaluation of donor funded projects and programs, preferably in the areas of natural resources management, market systems development or enterprise development
- Demonstrated skills in quantitative data management and analysis, preferably in relation to monitoring and evaluation of project results against indicators
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize and present results of development outcomes using narrative and quantitative reporting procedures
- Knowledge of capacity building approaches applied to monitoring and evaluation for government and community-based organizations
- Demonstrated ability to train and build capacity of others
- Excellent analytical, presentation and reporting skills
- Proven abilities in developing monitoring plans, data collection, information management, use of databases, and analysis and performance monitoring
- Demonstrated aptitude for facilitation of focus group discussions and participatory analysis involving community-level stakeholders and vulnerable populations.
Method of Application
Please submit your application no later than Tuesday, July 25, 2017, 11:59 pm Eastern Time.
Qualified candidates will be invited to submit resumes at a later date. Please be advised that the selection process for this position may include tests of your skills, interviews, as well as verification of your credentials.
*Women are encouraged to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should APPLY HERE
Deadline: 25th July, 2017