IROKO is Africa’s leading entertainment technology company. Launched in 2010, by Jason Njoku and Bastian Gotter, it is one of the most talked about African internet start-ups, thanks to its flagship Nollywood movie platform iROKOtv. Head quartered in Lagos, Nigeria, the company has pioneered Video-On-Demand for Nollywood content (Nigerian movies) and has aggregated the world’s largest online catalogue of African content, totaling 10,000+ hours.
Job Type: Full Time
Qualification: OND BA/BSc/HND
- The Monitoring Assistant works closely with the Content Manager and the Head of Operations to ensure technical performance of the Iroko channels
- You will also provide information for the Distribution team: To evaluate their distribution reach and check/balance legal boundaries with related content.
Team Mission Statement
- To be prompt identifying technical issues and escalate accordingly.
- To give accurate feedback and reporting.
- To provide the operations team with necessary support when needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor all on air Iroko channels and run technical checks on the integrity of the signal
- Record broadcast details using office tools as Microsoft or Google tools
- Report and capture any on air issues with the channels and escalate to the necessary parties
- Compile daily/monthly report on all channels monitored.
- Ensure all monitored channels are checked hourly for issues
- Give detailed handover to colleagues and report all issued to management
- Be available for a 24/7 shift rotation, which includes night, weekends and public holidays.
- Minimum of an OND in computing related fields.
- University degree preferred
- Must possess relevant technical skills- know a little about TV decoders and their mode of connection
- Problem-solving skills
- Good Communication skills, both verbal and written
- Capable of working well under any form of pressure
- Good knowledge of office tools as the MS Excel, Google apps as the Sheet, the Doc, the Form etc. and ability to perform basic math functions using such tools
- Can keep up with current IT trends related to use basic office tools.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV’s to: email@example.com
Deadline: 15th August, 2017