The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Abuja Delegation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below:
Job Title: Mechanic
Location: Abuja, Federal Capital Territory, Nigeria
Job type: Full-Time
- Maximizes fleet efficiency and effectiveness for all vehicles and generators through planned preventative maintenance in accordance with guidelines issued from Geneva or in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations as well as in view of operational requirements.
- Repairs and maintains ICRC Vehicles and generators according to workload planning and instructions.
- Controls and ensures the use of genuine spare parts and professional working methods for all repairs.
- Establishes and maintain an accurate and Job card based maintenance history for all log/Fleet assets repairs.
- Fills in all accidents, services and repairs in technical logbook
- Ensures that all fleet safety, security measures & standards in place and respected
- Makes sure toxic and waste materials such as used batteries, lubricants, filters and tires are disposed according to ICRC fleet guideline.
- Carries out routine works mainly independently
- Degree in Mechanics or recognised Technical Training
- 2 years work experience as a mechanic
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Driving license
- Succeeded in ICRC Driving test.
- Computer skills and previous generator/electrical experience as an asset
- Flexible and motivated
- Good sense of responsibility and well organized
- Quality, preventive maintenance and solution oriented
Application Closing Date
12th May, 2017.
How to Apply
- Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letter, curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org Please clearly indicate “Mechanic Abuja” as the subject of your application Or Hard copy to: No. 5 Queen Elizabeth Street, Asokoro, Abuja.
- Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.