International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs.
Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
Job Title: Logistics Asset and Reporting Officer
Job Type: Full Time
- The Asset Officer will work within the Logistics department , providing reliable and compliant support to program activities in order to achieve efficient service to program beneficiaries.
- Ensure accurate record keeping of all International Medical Corps assets, Donor assets and exceptional items that require registration and movement tracking in accordance with the International Medical Corps management Manual
- The Asset Officer ensures that procedures outlined in the IMC Asset Management Manual is implemented in IMC field Offices.
- Logs in all new IMC Nigeria asset into the asset register and ensures appropriate coding and tags are placed on each item.
- Regularly updates asset register with changes and new acquisitions Coordinates with the procurement and finance office in identifying all details of assets such as buying price, voucher reference, PR, PO and GRN number.
- Maintains stock of IMC assets that are not checked out and in use Check in and out IMC owned equipment to authorized staff using the standard IMC procedures and forms outlined in the Asset Management Manual
- Responsible for the timely preparation of documentation of any movement of assets in IMC formats Schedules and conducts physical count of assets in different locations, projects and sites on quarterly basis
- Provides a monthly update where all assets are located and their confirmed status
- Coordinate with the responsible officer for tracking assets in other offices to ensure the location and status of assets that have moved between offices
- Update the electronic database monthly and provide an electronic copy to supervisor and file copy in the assets folder Advises colleagues on guidelines of IMC asset and equipment use guidelines.
- Ensure all lost, damage, sold, stolen and all other items are properly recorded in with an approved
- Disposal of Assets form. Ensure any necessary, supplement documentation is completed Advise supervisor on any broken, damaged or destroyed equipment
- Ensures that all movement of items should go through Movement Form.
- Assist the Logistics coordinator in updating the master asset inventory, updates inventory records on all the receipts, issues inventory items from IMC warehouse.
- Assists and coordinate project staff on inventory issues.
- Assist in providing end of project reports on inventory and equipment lists, locations and status Maintain inventories of all IMC premises non-expendable properties conduct regular and quarterly checks.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to IMC and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission in Nigeria
- Periodical Logistics Reporting activities Coordination of the Logistics team:
- Organize administrative activities of the logistics team members through daily meetings and activity follow up.
- Prepares agenda and meeting minutes in support of the logistics coordinator. Compiles logistics monthly report as follow: Gathers the information and updated documents from colleagues.
- On line reporting report using online filing system for the following
Monthly activity summary:
- Procurement planning and framework agreement updates
- Gift in kind updates
- Assets and Capital equipment newly acquired and disposed of in the course of the month
- International supply chain pipeline update
- Local Supply chain pipeline update
- Medicine and perishable items
- Fleet engine status update
- Equipment to repair or dispose of update
- Meetings occurred during the month update
- Logistics staff leave plan update
- Logistics staff coaching and training update
- Major logistics action points update
- Procurement tracking sheet update
- Warehouse stock update Cargo movement update
- Fleet management report for both vehicles and generators
- Contract tracking report Vendors list
- Asset-list with relevant GRN Mandatory spot stock controls
- Mandatory inventory stock check list
- Scanning of all procurement completed documents with value >$100K
- Updated supply chain mapping
- Procurement piloting tool Logistics induction power point
- Manage all staff you supervise with integrity and foresight, and in accordance with HR procedures and policies to ensure that they maintain the highest standards of accountability and professionalism.
- Make frequent site visits to where staff supervised by you are working, to ensure that the appropriate care and support is being offered.
- Ensure that staff supervised by you are evaluated regularly, trained and or mentored in a structured accountable manner, and written records of such are retained.
- Work with warehouse staff as advised by supervisor to ensure all technical, administrative and management systems and standards agreed upon for the agency is being adhered to.
- Represent IMC in a positive and professional manner to contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of its mandate, ethics, values and stand-point with regards to other actors
- Ensure the application of and compliance with, security protocols and policies of self and supervised staff.
Job Title: Logistics Assistant
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 1 year
Job ID: #1989659
- The Logistics Assistant is responsible for the deliverables of the Logistics and Procurement section in support to International Medical Corps project activities and in compliance with the IMC internal and donor processes, rules and regulations.
- In charge of the correct implementation of International Medical Corps procurement guideline. This includes educating procurement section customers, capturing, analyzing and reporting data. Remain updated of donor policies and procedures.
- Act upon submission of a dully approved Purchase Request. Educate and support customers to ensure timely submission of approved PRs with sufficient details, realistic delivery target date.
Procurement Tracking Sheet:
- Record and track PRs through Procurement Tracking sheet: every procurement step is logged into PTS.
- PTS is supplied on weekly bases to customers and segregated per project.
- Carry out market analysis, record suppliers, collect relevant documentation and proceed to screening including Bridget Insight control.
- Maintain suppliers’ individual files with relevant administrative documentation. Maintain supplier tracking sheet.
- Use lists of recommended suppliers provided by UN agencies, embassies, other NGOs… Able to explain why selected suppliers have been invited to bid.
- Implements competitive bidding following IMC procurement thresholds (single quote, negotiated, Request for Quote, National open Tender, International open Tender). Assesses thresholds against total value of procurement line per grant for the entire duration of the grant.
- For single quote and negotiated procedures, self-sufficient, collect quotes and prepare bid summary for further review and approval.
- Depending on selected process, draft Request for Quotes, launch bidding process, collect quotes in sealed envelopes, evaluate offers in tender committee, proposes recommended supplier, record and implement committee conclusion.
- Negotiate business terms and conditions, prices, quality to International Medical Corps’ benefit. Draft Purchase orders and collect approval. Collect supplier’s signature on all Purchase Order pages and provide copy of PO to supplier.
Delivery & payment:
- Inform relevant Warehouse point person about upcoming deliveries and provide copy of PO for control against specifications and quantities.
- Receive invoice and control against original order, advance payments/installments already delivered
- For goods: Facilitate delivery of orders to the warehouse of the site of payment and collect Good Received Note.
For services: Facilitate delivery of services, collect memo from most technically sound IMC personnel for completion validation. Ensure period of guaranty, after sales service is mentioned.
Attach GRN to procurement file with supplier’s invoice and transfer file to finance for payment.
Ensure delivery till final destination.
- Ensure the rented vehicles are properly managed.
- Ensure, the vehicle performance report is done for each vehicle and analysed the cost if it is reasonable and take corrective action.
- Ensure the log sheet is properly recorded all trips on daily bases and the led passengers signed to acknowledge the use of the vehicle.
- Ensure at the end of the month collect invoice and analysed usage submit the invoice for finance for payment.
- Ensure compliance with IMC policies and procedures, donor regulations and local laws.
- Ensure that the procurement and disposal of commodities, especially those subject to US Export Compliance regulations, are in line with applicable licenses and are properly documented.
- Ensure that vendor eligibility screening is carried out in a timely fashion, updated regularly, and, recorded appropriately.
- Advocate and plan for professional development for yourself, and any staff supervised by you.
- Provide input to, and deliver, where applicable, training for national staff to increase their responsibilities in order to build capacity, and ensure sustainability of programs.
- Proactively engage with your supervisor, and key staff (Program, Finance, and Medical) on all matters logistic.
- Proactively engage on a regular basis with your supervisor, and regional IMC logistics officer colleagues to develop working networks to seek advice where needed.
- Assist your supervisor with engaging with donors, local government, project partners, UN agencies and other non-governmental organizations in order to manage the distribution of goods and material as well as to ensure adequate information sharing, address common concerns/problems and seek solutions.
- Represent IMC in a positive and professional manner to contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of IMC’s mandate, ethics, values and stand-point with regard to other actors.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Business Administration or related field is desired
- 1 year cognate experience is desired
- Proficiency in MS Word packages is essential
- Demonstrable knowledge in office administration
- Strong organizational skills; ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel.
- Excellent oral and written English skills.
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task and process information into action
- A clear understanding of procurement ethics and donor compliance is essential.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV’s and applications to the “Human Resource Manager, International Medical Corps” via the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Candidates must state the position and location they are applying for as the subject of their email, otherwise applications will not be considered.
- Application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document.
- Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.