British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organization with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.
Job Title: Legal Counsel, CEMAC
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 5 years
Job number: 16017BR
Appointment type: Permanent
Job Purpose and Key Deliverables
- British American Tobacco has an exciting opportunity for a Legal Counsel to join our team in Nigeria.
- The role will provide legal advice for 10 markets in West Africa with: Cameroon, Gabon, Equatorial Guinea, Congo, Ghana, Chad, CAR, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Gambia constitute of 6 actives markets and 3 legal entities.
- As a legal adviser in the function, the role will contribute towards planning and shaping the Legal functional strategy and policies to meet the needs of BAT’s West Africa Markets business.
- To drive implementation of functional Legal strategy and initiatives across CEMAC and WAC clusters and ensure proactive and timely delivery of legal services to BAT’s operations within these Clusters.
- In addition the role is responsible to ensure provision of effective company secretarial services to BAT Ghana, BAT Cameroon and BAT Gabon with emphasis on compliance to corporate governance principles.
- The role will assess legal challenges that go along with any Clusters initiatives and proposed legal response to it.
- Candidates should have a recognized Civil Law qualification through a reputable academic institution
- At least 5 years experience in a private legal practice and 3 years experience in a corporate environment
- Thorough knowledge of the workings of trade blocks
- Strong negotiation and drafting skills
- Knowledge of French and French based law are key to this role
- Good English language level
- Good understanding of common law system
- Fully bilingual candidate with a good knowledge of common law system will be an advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should APPLY HERE
Deadline: 12th May, 2017