Applications are now open for the next intake of Fellows for LEAP Africa’s Social Innovators Programme.
Application Deadline: 16th July 2017
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be taken at (country): Nigeria
Eligible Field of Study: None
About the Award: The Social Innovators Programme (SIP) supports youth between 18 and 35 years, whose ideas and initiatives offer effective solutions to challenges in local communities across Nigeria. Selected Fellows get a chance to join IYF’s global YouthActionNet®community of over 1,100 young social innovators being supported by 21 national and regional institutes like the Social Innovators Programme (SIP) in 21 countries, across 5 continents. The Social Innovators Programme is managed by LEAP Africa, with partnership support from the International Youth FoundationYouthActionNet® programme.
Eligibility: Candidates must meet the following requirements to be considered for the SIP Fellowship:
- Applicants must be Nigerians resident in Nigeria
- Applicants must be between ages 18 – 35 years
- Applicants must be Initiators/ Cofounders of the named project/venture/enterprise/ Foundation
- Social enterprise must be creative, innovative & replicable
- Social enterprise must be contributing positively to impact local communities and lives of Nigerians in different sectors (E.g Health, Agriculture, Education, ICT etc.)
- Applicants must be Able to show proof of work done and impact beyond 12 months prior to date of application for the awards. (Initiative must be a minimum of two year in existence)
- Applicants must establish commitment to sustaining the initiative beyond Fellowship year
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Award: The Fellowship connects outstanding change agents to training, funding, and professional network support required to strengthen their existing initiatives and enhance their impact and sustainability.
How to Apply: Candidates can to apply via the Fellowship webpage (See link below)
Award Provider: Leadership, Effectiveness, Accountability & Professionalism (LEAP) Africa