Psychosocial Support (PSS) Team Leader
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience: 3 years
- Location: Borno
Duty station: Initial Assignment – Ngala
Reporting to: Protection Coordinator, GBV – PSS Team Leader, Project Manager
Collaborations: Health and Nutrition team, GBV case workers, Protection Coordibator
Status: Full time
Duration: 6 months (with possibility of extension)
Starting date: As soon as possible
INTERSOS Nigeria is recruiting for a national PSS Team Leader in Borno State. The PSS Team Leader is responsible for ensuring excellent organization and coordination of all PSS activities implemented within
the Community Centre (CC) and at the field level in the geographical area of implementation. The CC provides information, counselling, vocational training, meetings and recreational activities taking place in the space. The PSS Team Leader will immediately report sensitive information gathered in the centers to the psychologist for proper case management and assist in following on survivors to remind them on next visit schedules.
Objective: To improve the protective environment of the most vulnerable IDPs and conflict-affected
population through provision of GBV prevention and response activities.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Counselling vulnerable people
- Set up, organize and manage the CC
- Set up and manage the individual and group counselling session
- Train staff and volunteers in PFA and basic PSS support
- Liaison with other PSS Team Leader and cooperate
- Establish referral path to specialized MHPSS services
- Organize the Women friendly space for regular weekly women meetings and recreation activities
- Organize group counselling according to gender and age
- Organize recreational activities for survivor groups
- Welcome each survivor accessing the space and make her feel comfortable
- Provide confidential and safe space for survivors accessing the space.
- Identifying vulnerable women, men and children and trying to understand the reasons or causes
- of their vulnerability
- Provide follow-up reminders to survivors about return visits for health, psychosocial ect.
- Attend trainings as requested by INTERSOS
- Ensure that the women Friendly space is accessible to survivors or women in need at all times.
- Support INTERSOS in developing training materials
- Attend if necessary, INGO meetings and MHPSS WG meetings
- BSc. Or MSc. In Psychology or Social Work
- Trained in PFA, CBT, and other counselling methods
- Trained in Protection and GBV response
- At least 3 year experience working as a psychologist or social worker
- Good knowledge of the IASC MHPSS guidelines
- Good knowledge about stress management and self-care and able to teach it
- Able to train people in MHPSS, PFA and CBT
- Ability to respect the dignity of people of concerns especially GBV survivors
- Good communication and writing skills
- Good knowledge in using MS Office
- Must be fluent in English and Hausa, knowledge of Kanuri or any other language spoken in Borno state is a plus.
Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 2 years
- Location: Borno
- Location: Maiduguri – Borno State – with frequent field visit to INTERSOS field locations
Starting date: ASAP
Reporting to: M&E Manager
Purpose of the Position
Position summary: Main Purpose of the Job is to Support the Programs in all data collection, analysis, and learning activities to ensure accountability and efficiency.
Reporting to the M&E manager and closely working with the program staff
- Participate in planning and undertaking surveys, rapid assessments, as well as in the monitoring and evaluation of the program activities especially in relation to
- WASH, NFIs, Shelter and Protection
- Participate in development and strengthening of monitoring and evaluation procedures
- Participate in Monitoring of all project activities, expenditures and progress towards achieving the project output and outcomes
- Participate in development of monitoring and impact indicator for the project success
- Provide feedback to the Program Managers on project activities
- Report monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress on all project activities to the Program Managers
- Conduct capacity assessment on existing monitoring and evaluation systems
- Participate in annual project reviews and planning workshops and assist the Program Managers in preparing relevant reports
- Assist the project personnel with M&E tools and in supporting them in their use
- Perform other duties as delegated
- At least 2 years of experience in the design and implementation of M&E in development and emergency projects
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports
- Expertise in analyzing data using statistical software.
- Ability to work independently and make good decisions with minimum supervision
- Excellent command of English and local language oral and written
- Background/familiarity with Emergency.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills and excellence as a team player.
- Must possess the ability to learn with speed and ease.
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, power point presentation etc.) are an added advantage.
- Strong sense of responsibility, methodical and accurate with high organizational skills
- Honesty and integrity and able to cope with stressful situations.
Interested and qualified candidates should APPLY HERE
Deadline: 4th December, 2018