The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes.
Medical Team Leader / Medical Referent
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: OND BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 2 years
- Location: Borno
Location: Monguno, Borno
Report to (technical): Medical coordinator/Deputy Medical coordinator
Mission and Main Activities
- Participate in the definition, planning and monitoring of medical activities and programs in the field in accordance with ALIMA protocols, and coordinate the human and material resources needed to ensure the quality of medical care provided by ALIMA.
- Ensure actively in the Monguno project that ALIMA’s charter, policies and image are respected with regards to national employees, populations, authorities and partners.
- With support of the PC, steer and supervise the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the project in collaboration with the project team and according to the internal and donor indicators in order to evaluate the level of achievement of the project objectives.
- Participate in different meetings on the management of the project: Cluster meeting, technical meetings… in order to maintain effective and good collaboration with different stakeholders and improve thereby the implementation of the project.
- Provide and redact reporting (medical sitrep) to the medical coordination and project coordinator on project’s evolution and propose corrections if needed.
- Provide inputs on the budget processes and participate in the monitoring of the budget holding of the approved yearly budget.
- Ensure that excellent communication and effective working relationships are maintained between ALIMA and partners.
- Ensure that skilled, highly motivated and duly registered (by respective professional regulator bodies) health staffs are provided to the project to support ALIMA staff. In the same view, ensure the quality of the recruitment processes, follow up and coaching of staff is maintained.
- Supervise full implementation of safety and health protocols, reporting to the Medical Coordination on risky behaviours, in order to ensure safe working conditions for the project staff.
- Collaborate with the coordination team for the international medical orders.
- Assist medical team members when they have questions or problems, and oversees medical team member work for quality and guidelines compliance.
- Ensure a data collection and epidemiological surveillance system, in agreement with the medical coordination, in order to define medical and technical programs and preventive protocols for the targeted population.
- Manage the project pharmacy to ensure efficiency and validate medical orders to the central for project activities.
- Implement the health policy for national staff; provides all prophylactic and preventive necessary measures, structures and emergency plans; manages any medical evacuation in order to ensure ALIMA staff health.
- In collaboration of the MONGUNO LGA management team, ensure that all dispositions necessary for the trainings of MoH staff from LGA’s are provided, in accordance of the project objectives.
- Contribute to the operation and running of any research projects where appropriate by providing clinical advice on the relevance of research projects and attending research team meetings.
- Perform any other duty as assigned by the organization through the head of the medical department/Project.
- Essential Medical Doctor diploma.
- Essential minimum 2 years’ experience as a similar position in medical activities related jobs.
- Desirable working experience in ALIMA or other NGO’s in developing countries.
- Experience in the position of referent doctor
- Project experience combining hospital and OPD activities
- Mission language essential ( English), local language desirable.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
- People Management.
- Contract term: contract under French law, 3 months, renewable
- Desired start date: as soon as possible
- Salary: Depending on experience
- Minimum Net Salary: 2000 Euros per month,
ALIMA pays for:
- Travel costs between the expatriate’s country of origin and the mission location
- Accommodation costs
- Medical cover from the first day of the contract to a month after the date of departure from the mission country for the employee
- Evacuation of the employee.
Assets And Inventory Controller
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 1 year
- Location: Borno
DUTY STATION :
ALIMA COORDINATION OFFICE MAIDUGURI
ASSETS AND INVENTORY CONTROLLER
REPORT TO :
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER,LOGISTICS MANAGER & LOGISTICS SUPERVISOR
MAIN PURPOSE IN THE ORGANISATION
Assets & inventory Controller supports and works under the management of the Logistics Coordinator who is responsible for ensuring that assets owned by ALIMA Nigeria Mission are maintained at high standards at all times.
Maintained a proper record of the all assets including recording, tracking, codification in ALIMA asset list
Create an equipment file for each asset and consolidate folder by category to support inventory, monitoring and disposal
RESPONSIBILITY / MAIN ACTIVITIES
- Recording every new asset to ALIMA Assets list.
- Maintaining Assets list according to donor and tracking their locations.
- Creation of Assets identification according to ALIMA standards and maintaining proper archiving of those identifications cards.
- Issuing assets to new staff through assets transfer form properly approve from logistics coordinator and signed by receiver and making archiving of those assets transfer form.
- Responsible for all Assets management, Tracking, Tagging, at the mission level in Close Coordination with Logistics Manager in the field and with technical support from Logistics Coordinator at coordination level.
- Responsible for monthly updating Assets lists by keeping a close coordination with Logistic manager in case any asset is purchase at the field level and recording in the asset list.
- Maintaining all inventory record as per ALIMA Policy at coordination level and ensuring the same with logistics manager in the project office.
- Responsible for Keep records of assets transfers, asset lone certificate, assets identification Cards at the mission level, support by logistics team from the field.
- Physical verification of Assets at the coordination level and in consultation with the Logistics Manager at the field level every two months.
- Reporting issue/loss/damage of assets and compiling the report to that affects.
- Any other task requested by his/her line manager within the scope of the Assets & Inventory recorder.
- Work under stress.
- Good organization of his work
- Committed and handworker.
- Flexible and meeting deadlines.
Degree/HND Diploma in any relevant field
Minimum 1 year working experience essential.
Mission language desirable and local language essential.
Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
Experience with INGO or CORPORATE ORGANISATION is strongly desired
Contract term: Fixed Term Contracts
Salary: NATIONAL PAY SCALE LEVEL 5
Application Documents to be sent: To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or By Hard copies to be drop at ALIMA COORDINATION OFFICE MAIDUGURI with the reference “ASSETS AND INVENTORY CONTROLLER MAIDUGURI – Nigeria” in the subject line. Closing Date 23th DECEMBER, 2019
NB: This job profile is not exhaustive, as it could change from time to time according to the needs of the mission.
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Please submit your application online (CV & Cover Letter in PDF) on our job vacancies website before 23 December 2019.
- We process applications as they are received. If an application matches our search, the offer can therefore be closed early.
Deadline: 22nd, December, 2019