The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Maiduguri and Yola Sub Delegation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below.
Economic Security (EcoSec) Field Officer – VETERINARIAN
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 3 years
- Collect relevant information in the field for the implementation of the program and report to the EcoSec Deputy Coordinator.
- Analyse data and present it in a written and structured format;
- Collect information on other relevant humanitarian programs and report on problems with accuracy and without delay.
- Assume main responsibility for implementing the Livestock programme in the North East with minimum supervision.
- Understand, analyse and evaluate livestock related issues in the middle belt area.
- Monitor animal health status in the field and promptly report any disease emergencies to the EcoSec Deputy Coordinator.
- Contribute to the implementation and running of the livestock interventions as a part of EcoSec program in the North East of Nigeria.
- Help to set up a plan of action for any livestock intervention and propose adjustments or corrective steps when necessary
- Together with respective State Ministry of Veterinary services (SMoVS) identify and assist in training of
- Community Animal Health Workers (CAHWs) and vaccinators;
- Maintain and follow up contacts with SMoVS representatives and other livestock stakeholders and supervise the work of CAHWs/vaccinators (numbers to be defined) and the vaccination activities in the field.
- Assist the EcoSec Deputy Coordinator in all administrative procedures related to the implementation of the Livestock programs.
- University degree (Veterinary Science)
- 3 years’ work experience in a similar field, previous humanitarian / NGO experience an asset
- Very good understanding of the socio-political situation in the area of assignment
- Very good analytical and organizational skills
- Team leadership skills
- Good command of written and spoken English and Fulani (added advantage)
- Good computer skills
- Willingness to travel extensively and to participate in extended field trips in an adverse environment
- Honest and trustworthy
- Very well organized and paying attention to details
Health Field Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 2 years
- Assists Health Delegate in running field activities related to the health program
- Contributes to assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of health programs
- Contributes to continuous assessment and monitoring of health situation in area of responsibility
- In coordination with Health Delegate, networks and maintains contacts with State, local authorities and other humanitarian organizations, National Security, Nigerian Red Cross Society (NRCS) and community leaders
- Participates in field trips; at times may be requested to organize and lead field trip.
- Collects all relevant information in the field for the implementation of the programme and relays it to the health delegate or health coordinator
- Registered Nurse/Midwife registered with the Nursing council of Nigeria
- Working experience in Public Health in the tropics & in Reproductive Health sector is mandatory
- At least 2 years of experience in working in Nigeria and knowledge of the Nigerian Health System
- Good command of both written and spoken English
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Good knowledge of Borno mainly & Yobe surrounding areas
- Prepared to spend 80% of time doing field visits
- Able to translate local language Hausa and Kanuri to English and vice versa
- Knowledge in Data entry and analysis
- Strongly motivated by humanitarian work
- Team leadership and good communication skills
- Flexibility and ability to work independently and with a sense of initiative
- Team work and partnership working skills
- Willingness to learn and support others in their learning
- Highly developed analytical, planning and organising skills
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 2 years
- Maximizes fleet efficiency and effectiveness for all vehicles and generators through planned preventative maintenance in accordance with guidelines issued from Geneva or in accordance with manufacturer’s
- recommendations as well as in view of operational requirements.
- Repairs and maintains ICRC Vehicles and generators according to workload planning and instructions.
- Establishes and maintains an accurate Job card based maintenance history for all Log/Fleet assets and repairs.
- Ensures that all fleet safety security measures & standards in place and respected
- Manages the spare parts received from Abuja fleet, create stock cards for each item and update the card and records timely and accurately whenever there is a movement of stock.
- In liaison with Abuja workshop prepares orders for spare parts for six month consumption for the Yola fleet.
- Accompanies vehicles during long field trips and/or distributions as required
- Carries out routine works independently
- Degree in mechanics or recognised technical training
- 2 years work experience as a mechanic
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Driving license
- Succeeded in ICRC Driving test.
- Flexible and motivated
- Good sense of responsibility and well organized
- Quality, preventive maintenance and solution oriented
Persons interested and qualified should send application letter, curriculum vitae, copy of valid driver’s license and contact details of three referees to
Please clearly indicate the job title and location as the subject of your application
(Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
The deadline for the submission of applications will be 03.10.2017, 16:30 h. Late application will not be considered
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively
humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to
provide them with assistance.
Deadline: 3rd October, 2017