Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 3 years
Location: Dutse, Jigawa
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be based in Dutse, Jigawa State and report to the Monitoring and Evaluation Deputy Project Manager.
- The M & E Officer will be primarily be responsible for data gathering, collation and reporting activities to ensure the quality and accountability of the programs implemented by Action Against Hunger in Northern Nigeria.
- The M&E Officer will also develop and implement clear and practical M&E plans for the program by ensuring program indicators, monitoring formats, databases, data analysis, and reporting are maintained and harmonized.
- He/she will also track the progress of key indicators and provide timely report.
Task and Responsibilities
- Supporting the M&E team in the pilot data collection and integration of findings by providing feedback to the M & E Deputy Project Manager.
- Reviewing and developing M & E systems for new projects, lead on the implementation of qualitative and participatory tools, including focus group discussions.
- Working closely with the team and other project team to ensure timely and quality data entry, analysis and interpretation.
- Under taking regular field visits and monitor the design and execution of surveys with other assessments. Representation of Action Against Hunger activities relating to monitoring, evaluation, accountability and reporting when required.
The successful candidate will have;
- At least a degree in Economics, International Development, Statistics, Public Health, Demography or related subject, with previous experience working in humanitarian projects.
- At least 3 years of proven experience in the Monitoring, Evaluation and Accountability of humanitarian or development programs.
- The ability to represent Action Against Hunger externally in relevant forums and working groups at state level.
- Proficient and demonstrated knowledge of M&E concepts and international humanitarian quality standards.
- Experience of mobile data collection, collation, statistical analysis, participatory fieldwork methodologies and report writing.
- Experience in community development programming, preferably in nutrition, food security, livelihoods or WASH.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Excel, spreadsheets, Sphere standard, SPSS, SPHINX, or other statistical packages.
- Excellent team, budget, project management and representation competencies.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English.
- Commitment to Action Against Hunger mission, values and policy.
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 1 year
- Reporting to the HR Mobility Officer, the Facilities Assistant will be based in Abuja and will be responsible for overall office management and communication, facilitating staff movement and accommodation bookings, office supplies maintenance and providing support in organizing staff meetings and staff welfare activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Arranging hotel and guesthouse accommodation for visiting staff in Abuja.
- Providing monthly tracking of all flights and hotel bookings.
- Compiling and sharing the mission’s quarterly movement plan.
- Circulating all internal communication as assigned.
- Managing and overseeing the day to day Action Against Hunger operations.
- Maintaining an updated Nigeria Mission staff contact list.
- Ensuring smooth operations in the reception, conference room including booking meeting room as requested.
- On a daily basis, inspecting and maintaining the exterior premises (grounds and office building).
The successful candidate will:
- Have a minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field of study from a recognized institution with office administration experience or front office experience in a busy environment.
- Have a minimum of one year working experience in a similar role.
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Be excellent in paying attention to detail, multitasking and have organization skills.
- Be self-motivated, responsible, accountable and have the ability to work independently.
- Be approachable, diplomatic, possess strong interpersonal and team working skills within a multicultural setting.
- Possess excellent computer skills especially in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Have strong commitment to humanitarian working activities.
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Deadline: 29th August, 2017