The University of Agriculture, Makurdi – Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: University Librarian
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 15 years
- The position of University Librarian of University of Agriculture Makurdi will become vacant on the 31st of August, 2017. In this regard, and in accordance with the Federal Universities of Agriculture Act. CAP F22 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria (LFN) 2004 and as amended by the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) (Amendment) Act. 2012, the University wishes to commence the process for the appointment of University Librarian.
- The University Librarian shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the overall administration of the University Library, its branches and extension and for providing library services for the entire University Community.
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidates must be professionally qualified and practicing Librarians certified by Librarian Registration Council of Nigeria;
- Possess a good honours Degree from a recognized University, plus a higher Degree in Library Science (preferably Ph.D) with at least 15 (flfteen) years relevant experience, in institutions of higher learning preferably in a University;
- Have contributed to knowledge through research and publications in reputable journals, as well as possess proven records of sound administrative leadership;
- Be ICT compliant;
- Not be below the rank of Deputy University Librarian;
- Not be more than (60) years of age or 65 years in the case of a Professor on assumption of duty.
- The Tenure of the University Librarian, as a Principal Officer of the University, is five (5) years.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- The successful applicant will be placed on CONUASS 7 with relevant fringe benefits, as approved for Federal Universities in Nigeria and as may be modified from time to time by competent authorities.
Job Title: Vice-Chancellor
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 7 years
- The candidate must be a distinguished Professor of not less than 7 years in one of the disciplines offered by the University of Agriculture, Makurdi at the time of this advertisement with an unbroken Service of Teaching, Research and Community Service in a Tertiary Institution for a period of at least 15 years.
- The candidate must not be more than 65 years of age by 19th November, 2017;
- The candidate must demonstrate academic excellence in terms of quality publications, teaching, credible community service and proficiency in Information and Communication Technology (ICT);
- The candidate should possess considerable administrative experience within the University system and must show demonstrable ability to attract funds to the University;
- The candidate must be of courage and transparent honesty, who can take decisions on the merit of facts,equity and patriotism and not on the basis of parochial interests or primordial pressures. The candidate should also be free from conflict of interests;
- The candidate must have the highest moral standards, impeccable character and proven integrity with irrevocable commitment to best practices in corporate governance, with particular emphasis on accountability transparency, probity and ensure judicious utilization of scarce resources for optimum public good;
- The candidate should be above board and will not foster personal, racial, ethnic, political, religious or other sectional interest.
- The candidate should also be capable of inspiring members of the University Community towards the attainment of its goals.
- The candidate must enjoy very good physical and mental health and be free from any inhibiting health condition.
Conditions of Service
- The post of Vice-Chancellor of University of Agriculture, Makurdi,which is for a single 5-year term, has salary and other conditions of service as applicable in all Federal Universities and as maybe determined by the Federal Government of Nigeria from time to time.
Method of Application
Applicants should submit twenty five (25) copies each of their applications and CV’s to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
University of Agriculture,
Benue – Nigeria.
Applications should include the following:
- Full names
- Post sought
- Date and place of birth
- Permanent home and current contact addresses
- Marital status
- Number and ages of children
- Academic/professional qualifications (attach photocopies of all certificates)
- Previous working experience (giving duration, posts held and salary)
- Details of research work and publications (attach evidence where applicable)
- Extra-curriculum activities
- Names and addresses of 3 persons to supply academic and/or professional reference.
- Referees: Referees are advised to send their reports on candidates under confidential cover, directly to the Registrar and Secretary to Council.