Greenlight Planet is a US-based global leader dedicated to delivering safe, affordable solar energy products to more than 2 billion people who live off the electric grid around the world.
Our Sun King solar- powered lights and phone chargers are used in more than 5 million homes in South Asia, East Africa and West Africa today. Our mission is to replace the dirty and dangerous kerosene lanterns used by under-electrified consumers across the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Associate, Business Development, Global Partnerships
Reporting to: Country Market Manager, Nigeria
- The role is focused on expanding Greenlight Planet’s financial services business partnerships that serve rural markets in Africa, through research, reach-out and follow-up meetings.
- The candidate will work with the Global Partnerships team with a database of potential financial services partners in Africa that comprise existing, dormant and new business partners. It will require one’s involvement in all aspects of end-to-end business development process including research to build the database further, warm calling to CEOs/Directors of prospective organizations, reaching out through LinkedIn, follow up through mails & calls, in-person meetings and facilitating partner contract closures.
- Engage suitable financial services companies with rural distribution network as eventual partners
- Make warm calls to CEOs/Directors of these companies, followed by in-person meetings, to introduce Greenlight Planet and Sun King products
- Upkeep of the business development database, ensuring a high level of accuracy
- Design and organize conferences, events & workshops to engage with pipeline partners
- Assist in facilitation of partnership contract closures
- Help Operations team finalize operational model customized to the financial services partner
- Follow up with prospects through call and e-mails to capture the progress status
The Ideal Candidate:
- Excellent command on English (speaking and writing)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PPT)
- Adaptive and learning nature, as the position requires keeping updated with changes in various industries
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and take ownership of assigned tasks
- We are looking for someone who is driven, passionate and excited about the opportunity to bring honest, affordable, energy to homes in Africa. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
- Practical experience in Google Spreadsheets and LinkedIn
- Confident, Self-driven with go-getter approach as the position requires follow up with CXO level people
Greenlight Planet offers a competitive salary, a fun, supportive work environment and opportunities for continued professional growth within a fast-growing global enterprise.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Deadline: Not specified