Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey in the position below:
Key Account Manager – Jumia Food
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 5 years
- Location: Abuja
- You will be fully responsible for Jumia Food’s new and existing partner restaurants in Abuja
- Your overall aim will be to acquire key vendors catering to the needs of our growing customer base, and to subsequently manage all new and existing vendor relationships
- You will work closely with the Operations team to consistently optimise vendor operations, and will work closely with the Marketing team to devise and implement marketing campaigns for restaurants.
In particular, you will:
- Leverage prospecting skills and relationships to build partnerships with franchisees of the most important restaurant chains
- Drive expansion of existing clients as well as generating new business at prospect chains
- Manage contract negotiations aimed at establishing the foundation of a strong working relationship with our restaurant partners, including sustainable economics for both parties
- Clearly communicate the value of Jumia Food and its newest products to prospects
- Work closely with the Marketing Department with marketing requests
- Negotiate attractive deals/combos with partner restaurants for the benefit of our customers (ie.during annual Black Friday campaign)
- Educating new vendors on the importance of Jumia Food’s operational procedures and standards,ensuring they are always respected
- Equipping and training new vendors on Jumia Food’s order processing and management tools (through the management of the Vendor Service Associate)
- Ensuring that Jumia Food is paid its due commission on time (through management of the Cash Collection Officer)
- Monitoring vendor performance and implementing operational improvement plans for restaurants, where necessary
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience with at least 2 year of experience in a client facing role that includes new business acquisition
- Ability to have a ‘sixth sense’ when it comes to partnerships and that leads you to effortlessly navigating multiple partner engagements
- Ability to think strategically and analyze restaurant needs to both unlock opportunities and creatively problem-solve
- An intuition for people. You’re spending the majority of the time working with various internal and external teams, building and really cultivating new relationships with potential and existing partners and within all parts of an organization
- Eagerness to get into the details, ability to go above and beyond
Category Developer, Groceries & Toy, Kids & Baby
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/ND
- Experience: 3 – 5 years
- Location: Lagos
As a Category Developer, you will be responsible for driving online sales through vendor sourcing, online assortment expansion, and optimizing the availability of products online in your category. You will leverage data (including website analytics, online sales reporting and customer feedback to recommend and execute merchandising strategies that improve digital user experience and business results.
In particular you will:
- Ensure that the pricing and promotion of these categories are managed effectively to increase sales and profitability aimed at driving sustainable growth.
- Utilize prospecting tools to generate leads. Prospect to secure new, competitive and non-buying accounts.
- Proactively arrange time in territory to achieve optimum face-to-face selling opportunities.
- Coordinate account set up, initial equipment and product deliveries to ensure customer satisfaction, including follow-up with customer once account is set up.
- Help reshape and define assigned category to proactively engage customer base and drive wallet share growth.
- Effectively execute territory plan, account plans and opportunity plans to maximize revenue across 100-125 assigned accounts
- Help define the seller base and industry verticals Jumia targets and influence a sales plan that is in line with our seller business direction.
- Build and maintain a healthy sales pipeline to achieve new business targets that exceed monthly metrics and key performance goals.
- Drive revenue by identifying and understanding the client’s business needs, and effectively offering highly valued solutions that win new business opportunities for Jumia
- Design exit strategies for unsuccessful vendors/ products
- Utilize tools and best practices to meet and exceed weekly sales goals & metrics
Professional Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Marketing, Business Operations is required.
- 3 – 5 years in a buyer, assistant buyer, or merchandising role in FMCG industry
- Proven ability to initiate relationships, assess partnership viability, work through long deal cycles, and close complex deals.
- Ability to create valid business reasons to engage customers to drive meaningful sales engagements and business opportunities
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasked, high-energy environment.
- Advanced knowledge of the Online Marketplace and the Ecommerce Industry.
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Deadline: Not specified