Siemens is an Integrated Technology Company. The business activities of our Energy, Health care, Industry and Infrastructure & Cities Sectors have enabled us to capture leading market and technology positions worldwide. Technological excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and international focus have been our hallmarks for 165 years, making us strong and linking us to our shareholders, employees and customers as a partner of trust.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Regional Project Development Manager
Req ID: 265492
Location: Port Harcourt
Position Scope/Standard Responsibilities
- The Regional Project Development Manager (RPDM) provides specialist technical and commercial product support to the client facing activity during the project development phase – understanding clients operational and business needs and building the D-R Value Proposition from a tailored technical and commercial solution to provide the client with the desired return on investment.
- The position engages the Legal/Contract Administration, Finance/Credit, Business Solutions, applicable business unit managers, and company management as necessary.
- Works with the Proposal Development Team in the preparation of the technical and commercial proposal, including the preparation of price recommendations based on market information, preparation of the value proposition, and completion of the risk assessment and project cash flow analysis per guidelines.
- Prepares business activity and forecast reports and delivers technical and commercial presentations for management and clients.
- Acts in a businesslike manner with regard to expenses, and meets the D-R sales, bookings, and earnings objectives while representing the client to D-R and ensuring they are treated fairly.
- Establishes and maintains a “preferred provider” relationship with the key decision-makers and influences within client organizations.
- Manages the client interface, including presenting the value proposition and negotiating contractual terms.
Key Responsibility 1 – Safety:
- Work safely and follow all rules and procedures.
- Complete all required safety training.
- Attend and participate in all safety meetings and complete required BBAs.
- Conduct Behavior Based Safety Audits and report any safety concerns observed.
- Report all Near-Misses, First Aids and Incidents to supervisors.
Key Responsibility 2 – Coordinate Controls Sales Activity with Clients:
- Responsible for developing business opportunities, from lead/opportunity to order, to meet the annual business target (BTA).
- Leads pursuit of specific Engineered Solutions opportunities for turbo compressor, reciprocating compressor, gas & steam turbine, & bundled control system in the services business and promptly follows sales leads with a structured approach to qualification and prioritization.
- Develops and maintains sales funnel to a minimum level of ~3 times the BTA by processing new enquiries efficiently and using strategic proactive initiatives to increase business levels year-on-year in line with Long Range Plan (LRP)
- Effective communication through a matrix organization to manage enquiries/opportunities by influence with management, core staff functions and client facing teams.
- Ensures thorough understanding of technical and commercial project scope and communicate the requirements clearly to the Proposal Development Team.
- Attends tradeshows and other business development activity.
- Helps to train Account Managers / CFT on the full array and benefits of D-R Engineered Solutions in order to become proficient in identifying client needs for control systems.
- Leads selling strategy and development of the Value Proposition on each Engineered Solutions opportunity.
- Generates effective “won/loss” reports including competitor information where appropriate
- Develops client relationships, displays excellent listening skills, maintains and emits a positive attitude.
- Proficient and regular user of all system tools available to the Sales & Technical Support functions
- Is able to coordinate and/or contribute to the business development of complex projects that may involve multiple D-R business units and external contractors
- Responsible for identifying project and commercial risks and helps to develop mitigation plans to ensure successful project outcome.
- Makes technical product presentations to convey the Supplier’s confidence in the solution to the clients and demonstrates benefits through success stories.
Key Responsibility 3 – Forecasting and Reporting:
- Provides accurate financial booking forecasts of Engineered Solutions opportunities within the assigned territory. These must be monitored and updated regularly by the successful applicant.
- Responsible for updating forecasts, maintaining accuracy of SFDC tool (opportunity tracker) and attending weekly windshield (opportunity) call
- Responsible for providing monthly report detailing business opportunities, bookings, market activity, challenges, etc.
Key Responsibility 4 – Territory Planning and Marketing:
- Reports on market changes and competitive information on a regular basis. Maintains a personal development plan to improve technical and commercial skills.
- Stays current on/defines/communicates client needs and market conditions in territory and particularly to stay current on industry/market and D-R technology and solutions relevant to their client base and territory
- Maintains a detailed network of peers and colleagues
- Provide market data and competitive information regarding D-R Engineered Solutions business in the assigned territory
- Minimum and Preferred (Education, Certification, Degree, Concentration, Skills, Knowledge, etc.):
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering/Technical discipline or Equivalent
- Fluent in English language
- Minimum Ten (10) years outside sales experience in rotating equipment and/or Control System Sales of a similar nature to D-R equipment calling on industrial clients
- Experience in oil and gas markets with rotating equipment control systems. Experience on power generation markets an asset.
- Basic knowledge and experience in simulating turbo, reciprocating and steam machinery aero/thermo performance is a plus
- Excellent communication and organization skills, requires time management and record keeping detail.
- Computer skills and ability to work with Microsoft Office suite of business programs
- Travel required up to 50% of time to fulfill obligations for position
- Direct experience with the internal processes (project specification, contract procedures, T&Cs, etc.) used by major clients in the oil and gas industry
- Experience working in a highly-matrixed organization
Job Title: IT Service Desk Engineer
Req ID: 265311
Location: Port Harcourt
Employment Type: Full Time
- The Desktop Support Administrator provides day-to-day hands on support to the organization’s end user laptops, desktops, servers, mobile devices and applications.
- This position interfaces directly with internal customers and various departments, troubleshooting user desktop issues to resolution. Other areas of responsibility are LAN support, break/fix, software/hardware upgrades, patch management, Anti-Virus management, image management, application installs, user support and training.
- Will be technically aware of relationship between Networking and all other IT Infrastructure technologies. Has a broad understanding of Infrastructure technologies and will be the first point of technical contact for the other IT Infrastructure teams for day to day support issues.
- Will work closely with Workshop Supervisor. Sign-off for high-impact activities must be gained from IT Network Management team.
- To support the IT Network Services department and other IT departments in resolving internal customer day to day Network support issues, through call tracking, communication and escalation where appropriate.
- The incumbent will use their broad knowledge of IT Infrastructure systems (Server OS, Desktop OS, Client devices, LAN technologies, WAN technologies and Remote Access technologies) to troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely manner or re-direct to the appropriate team as required.
Country I.T Capacity Planning:
- Assist the Head of IT in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future desktop hardware needs
Country E-mail/Internet/System Support:
- Establishes and maintains user e-mail accounts; provides e-mail training and software support; manages anti-spam and anti-virus servers; researches and troubleshoots e-mail problems by reviewing mail logs, records, and network configurations; establishes and maintains card key access accounts; provides solutions to customer identified problems.
Network and Server Administration:
- Oversees the day-to-day operation of computer networks including hardware/software support, training, and special projects; plans, designs and implements data connectivity for local area network (LAN) and wide area network (WAN) systems; assists in coordinating special projects including network related wiring plans, LAN/WAN hardware/software purchases, and system installation, backup, maintenance and problem solving
Data Backup and Recovery:
- Performs daily server tape backups/recovery; researches, analyzes, monitors, troubleshoots and resolves server or data network problems. Carries out daily checks regarding backups and network health
- Pro-actively monitors the network and network services systems and resolves or escalates (as appropriate) any issues in a timely manner (incl. where required out of hours support – to standard support contract terms).
Country First Tier User Support:
- Assists staff with the installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of laptops, desktop computers, peripheral equipment and software within established standards and works with Help Desk and Network Operations staff as appropriate to determine and resolve problems received from clients and Produces KPI’s regarding fault calls and route cause analysis how these may be proactively reduced.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering, or a closely related field.
- Professional certifications such as A+ certification, Cisco, MCP and Microsoft Office Specialist certification will be added advantage
- Experience in the analysis, installation, administration, and troubleshooting of all aspects of a client/server data network including multi-facility client/server network and system administration and support
- Experience in installation of softwares, patches, updates on Desktops, Laptops, Servers
- Minimum of 5 years post NYSC experience supporting Windows 7 or 2008 Server; desktop/laptop PCs
- Experience should include IT ticketing and request systems, ITIL certification and best practices methodologies.
Job Title: Client Manager
Req ID: 264685
Key Tasks & Accountabilities
- To promote and develop the sale of PS DO Product Services products and services to all territory customers (new & existing).
- Determine how best to deploy all PS DO resources in order to maximize bookings & profitability
- Develop customer specific strategies to maximize growth.
- Monitor and achieve bookings targets.
- Report competitor & market activity information.
- Professionally manage assigned territory to achieve identified, key objectives which are:
- Achieve bookings targets.
- Pro-actively promote and sell PS DO products and services by visiting customers on a regular and planned basis.
- Provide feedback and direction to any PS DO dept. on all matters of: opportunity, competition, loss, change, problem of market intelligence and strategy for territory.
- Maintain good records for territory, of its present and prospective customers. Also records relating to D-R competition and their activities.
- Develop strong, long-term, business relationships with customers.
- Manage designated territory agents/ representatives (where applicable)
- To prepare and present professional presentations to customers relating to Product Services to customer management and staff
- Discuss, negotiate and finalize proposals with customers.
- Act as single point of contact when required on difficult company problems with customers to co-ordinate complex customer problems internal and external.
- Promote and organize customer visits to PS DO facilities.
- Provide advice/ assistance to credit and collection, marketing and completes sales.
- Develop and maintain a detailed territory plan
- Utilize PS DO software including: SFDC.
Qualifications and Personal Qualities/Competencies
- Minimum of 7 years post NYSC experience in the field
- Degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or business
- Ideally experience with rotating equipment providers
- A good communication skill
- Articulate, Knowledgeable and informed
- Listening Skills and problem solver
- Team player
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Technical knowledge of Rotating Equipment, Reciprocating Compressors, Gas Compressor Engines & Turbines
- Knowledge of the application of above products at customer’s facilities
- Market knowledge
- Knowledge about PS DO principal competitors
- English language fluency
- Oral, written & presentation skills
- Ability to build strong relationships
- General sales skills, including: need identification, questioning, listening, negotiation and closing.
- Strategy development skills
- Motivated, dynamic & industrious with “can-do” attitude
- Personable & professional appearance
- Good commercial acumen.
Job Title: Country Business Unit Lead
Req ID: 262684
Employee: Full time only
Job Family: General Management
Position Type: Head
- The Digital Factory Customer Services (DF CS) Business Unit Head is responsible for the development and maximization of the Digital Factory (DF) and Process Industries and Drives (PD) after-sales service business in Nigeria.
- He/ She represents Siemens in all strategic DF CS sales and Service activities and acts as an interface between key customers and the Siemens organization.
- He/ She implements strategic business activities, decisions and guidelines and ensures development and implementation of the regional strategy for the DF Customer Services business unit in Nigeria.
- Analyzes specific market conditions and builds a sound market related network of stakeholders.
- Provides information via Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools for forecasts and planning.
- Spots opportunities for local product and service portfolio solutions.
- Prepares customer contact, builds and maintains a customer focused network.
- Prepares / coordinates and negotiates proposals in cooperation with proposal mgmt / other involved professionals and management.
- Coordinates the realization of assignments, may coordinate and contribute to set up respective product developments, projects or services programs.
- Completes sales and revenue related key reporting.
- Contributes to the development of After-Market business in the region.
- May act as a point of contact to customers in commercial matters and influences collaboration within the organization to secure customer support.
- Oversees the delivery of professional and efficient faultfinding, repair and commissioning services to Digital Factory customers throughout Nigeria.
- Ensures efficient delivery of after-sales requirements to customers in key industries (esp. Cement, FMCG, O&G, etc.)
- Oversees and coordinates service Sales, site activities and planning to ensure adequate service for customer installed base
- Ensures after sales services provided leads to reduced breakdown times and lowers customer costs
- Takes full responsibility for Environmental and H&S requirements for site personnel and ensures adequate ensure control measures in the field.
- Formulate, influence and implement strategies to monopolize relevant markets
- Analyses the T&D market to develop requisite business targets and strategy that address identified opportunities, issues, needs, processes and business drivers
- Keep up to date with local and global market trends, customer needs and future requirements, etc.
- Ensure that a detailed and sustainable sales strategy exists and is implemented into the business unit
- Derive strategic direction for the business and set suitable goals to achieve this strategy
- Participation in the identification of market potential and definition of innovative strategies
- Adaptation of business process (short/medium/long-term) in line with the strategic goals of the Business unit.
- Plans sales volumes and potentials of all customers in the assigned region.
- Responsible for strategic business planning and setting of appropriate budgets
- Accountable for profit and loss within the business unit
- Maintains forecast integrity and prepares management reports
- Financial responsibility for ongoing comparison of objectives and their achievement, consistent use of steering actions to achieve the targets of respective cost center(s).
- Generation of budget targets based on market data, company infrastructure and business development in order to define and control measures.
- Responsible for all people management activities, inclusive of mentoring, development and performance management with the aim of creating successful leaders within the Energy Management organization
- Selection, management, assessment and development of employees in the area of responsibility to ensure long-term target achievement with motivated staff.
- Responsible to ensure that the business unit is properly resourced with the right skills to fulfill business requirements
- Overall responsibility for ensuring effective Project Management, EHS and QM practices for all projects
- Assess and review status of projects with ultimate responsibility for project success
- Identification and defining of risk mitigation strategies by assessing current issues and potential risks and assist in implementing preventative/corrective measures
- Overall responsibility for compliance with statutory regulations within the DF CS business unit
- In particular responsible for due diligence in all business contracts in order to safeguard financial success and adherence to correct procedures.
- Compliance with Business Conduct Guidelines, circulars and policies
- Implementation of specific bench-marking to initiate continuous improvement.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Electronics/Instrumentation Engineering related course.
- Masters in Engineering/ Business/ Finance an advantage
- Work experience in the Cement or FMCG industries preferred
- Minimum of 10 – 15 years related work experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite… PowerPoint, Word, Excel, etc.
- Excellent command of the English language
- Ability to speak and read German/ French an added advantage
- Analytical, creative, outside-the-box thinker with excellent presentation and writing skills
- Good interpersonal skills and intercultural sensitivity
Job Title: Field Service Engineer – Controls Gas Turbines 1
Req ID: 263261
Location: Port Harcourt
- This position serves as a company technical and administrative representative, resident engineer and deals with customer service assignment including on-site preventive maintenance and inspection service work, call-out services and commissioning activities on Gas Turbines products line and packages.
- Under general direction and instructions, independently determines and develops approaches to solutions to customer requirements and problems.
Scope of Work
Health, Safety and Environmental:
- Understands and complies with Siemens and customer safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure the work permit system is complied with. Ensure safe site and practices. Participate by attending general safety and toolbox safety meetings. Suggest safety improvements.
- Ensure customer expectations are met or exceeded. Ensure all maintenance activities are carried out in accordance with company policy, manufacturer’s recommendations and good practices.
- Must have basic knowledge of methods and experience in the categories of maintenance on the products and various equipment associated with primary package.
- Must be able to recognize abnormal sounds vibrations, and potential safety problems at inception and take appropriate action to prevent a serious safety hazard that could develop to equipment damage or loss of production.
- Provide timely and daily reports to the relevant manager on on-going projects or daily work.
- Keep abreast of pending work and personnel required to complete the projects.
- Ensure that necessary parts are available and submit materials requisitions when required.
- Accurate feedback and communication to pre-planned report format.
- Keep and update all equipment histories to effectively forecast equipment utilization and efficiency.
- Co-ordinate any changes necessary to ensure operations are efficient and minimal downtime is required.
- Ensure effective communication and reporting to immediate supervision and if applicable to customer representatives.
- Will utilize sound judgment when analyzing problems.
- Solve problems with little or no supervision in a timely manner and at a nominal cost.
- Master all procedures and available options of identifying sources of information and technical advice.
- Will have sufficient product knowledge to repair and adjust minor mechanical/electrical components/systems and will be capable of reading applicable drawings and technical manuals.
- Provide short to medium term scheduling of personnel and materials required for smooth routine maintenance and commissioning of plant.
- Adequate strategy of engaging operations in releasing equipment in a timely manner for maintenance.
- Will be, required to assist in a technical manner with the operations and maintenance crew in any area if the workload exceeds the number of personnel available.
- Monitor maintenance services or installation support to ensure they are carried out within company policy, manufacturers’ recommendations and in a safe manner.263261
- Ensure major interventions are planned, executed on schedule and within commercial orders.
- Reports to Field Service Operations Manager.
- Assigned to any reasonable controls systems tasks.
- Will have served on recognized gas turbine product lines and/or having long period of continuous occupation as a control engineer.
- Will possess a technical qualification e.g. Engineering Degree, HNC/ HND, preferably in Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
- Will have 5 – 7 years’ experience in a related industry. Higher experience/skill levels may balance lower academic qualifications, and visa versa.
- Experience in an onshore/offshore environment is essential.
- Experience on Alen Bradley PLC, RSLogix, PC7 and Step-7 Controls systems.
- Experience on controls instrument/Electrical.
- Mechanical rotating equipment background will be an asset.
- Familiarity with Gas Turbine engine theory, packages systems theory and operational will be an asset.
- Will hold and maintain a full offshore medical and survival certificate to suit all areas of assignment.
Job Title: Senior Buyer
Req ID: 264517
- To provide a professional buying service for indirect materials to the Siemens organization.
- 1. Provide a support the corporate and business divisions in the procurement of materials, including RFQ’s, price catalog agreements. Administer the One SRM buying platform regarding User admin and uploading of new and updated supplier catalogs.
- 2. Ensure compliance to Siemens purchasing policies and rules.
- 3. Support business processes, solution of technical issues, development of new methodologies, procedures, tools and products with their theoretical and/or practical know how and understanding.
- 4. Focus on interpretation and application of procedures, analyze issues, implement changes, and may advise and guide operational colleagues in their area work.
- 5. Co-ordinates PO activities with Global shared services.
- 6. Provides guidance to Purchase order operators.
- University Degree in Social Sciences, or equivalent; Masters degree in a related field would be an added advantage
- Professional certification in Institute of Purchasing and Supply or related industry required.
- Very high level of computer literacy regarding data processing and reporting using excel and SAP.
Minimum of 7 Years post NYSC
- the use of online buying platforms,
- purchase order creation and administration
- Request for quotations.
- Analytical, Precise, Good communication skills, Negotiation skill; mobility and flexibity for business travel.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
On the proceeding page, choose Nigeria as your region and then click View Jobs