SABMiller is in the beer and soft drinks business, bringing refreshment and sociability to millions of people all over the world who enjoy our drinks. We do business in a way that improves livelihoods and helps build communities. We are passionate about brewing and have a long tradition of craftsmanship, making superb beer from high quality natural ingredients.
Job Title: Operations Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 5 years
Reference Number: SAB-231
Location: Onitsha, Anambra
- Organize the storage and distribution of goods, ensuring that the right products are delivered to the right location on time and at best cost.
- Manage entire order cycle to enhance business development and ensure sustainability and customer satisfaction.
- Manage and enhance the contractual relationship with Transporters.
- Translate divisional core strategies, develop annual budgets and forecasts.
- Develop depot business plans and ensure optimal depot resourcing.
- Optimize warehouse capacity and layout.
- Determine optimal fleet configuration and maximize fleet availability.
- Manage asset acquisition.
- Manage service levels.
- Ensure stock availability.
- Minimize breakages, losses and wastage.
- Assure product quality.
- Control expenditure against budgets and forecasts.
- Comply with company credit policy.
- Analyze and respond to operational performance measures.
- Leading/grooming logistics team into a high performance unit where performance and continuous improvement is paramount.
- Ensure optimal human resourcing.
- Degree in Business, Marketing or related disciplines.
- Minimum of 5 years Operational experience preferably in an FMCG environment at Management level.
- Sound good Management skills- Ability to coach & develop others in support of business results.
- Ability to deal with complexity and to work in a matrix structure.
- Self-starter with very little supervision.
- Good interpersonal & influencing skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- People Management skills.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to compile annual business plans.
- Proficient in MS Office and inventory Management software.
- Collaborative leader who has a proven track record of managing teams and stakeholders.
- Market Related
Job Title: Shift Team Leader – Packaging
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 3 years
Reference Number: SAB-232
Location: Ilesa, Osun
- An opportunity exists at International Breweries Plc, Ilesa for an experienced Shift Team Leader – Packaging, reporting to the Packaging Manager.
- The successful incumbent will lead an operational team in order to meet production performance targets.
Duties and Responsibilities
Amongst other duties, the Team Leader will:
Optimize Production Performance and Processes (Shift Team Leader):
- Co-Ordinate and Perform Scheduled Maintenance.
- Monitor Production Processes.
- Interpret and Implement Production Plan for Shift.
- Support the Team to Improve Process Quality and Productivity.
- Build and Foster Relationships with Suppliers and Customers.
Perform Administration (Shift Team Leader):
- Ensure Application of Administration Systems and Procedures.
- Administer Conditions of Employment for Team Members.
- Complete Shift Documentation.
- Prepare and Control Budgets.
Facilitate Problem Solving and Decision Making:
- Identify Problems or Potential Problems.
- Facilitate Problem Solving and Decision Making.
Optimize Team Performance:
- Facilitate Team Dynamics.
- Implement Performance Management.
- Communicate Effectively in the Workplace.
- Develop Employees.
Manage Human Resources:
- Develop employees.
- Manage and apply personnel processes.
- Ensure a healthy industrial relations climate.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- B.Sc. in Mechanical/Electrical/Industrial Engineering or its equivalent.
- Minimum of Three (3) years experience in Packaging function as a Shift Team Leader or/ Process Artisan (Mechanical or Electrical) preferably in a brewery or FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) environment.
- Membership of relevant professional bodies will be an added advantage.
Key Competencies and Attributes
- Good understanding of process control within a brewing environment.
- Knowledge of manufacturing way principles.
- Good understanding of Asset Care principles and practices.
- Knowledge of Performance Management, Human Resource Development and CAP.
- Proven leadership ability.
- Assertive and Analytical.
- Proactive, independent and high on initiative.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Microsoft office proficiency i.e. MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Market Related.
Method of Application
Use the links below to apply on company website.