Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company and ranked 10 on the Fortune 500 list for 2012, HPE brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients. And at HPE, we know that our people and values are the most important elements in this success.
Job Title: Computing Category Manager
- Applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. Works on problems of diverse complexity and scope. May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision-making process. Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution. Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
- Broad understanding of the category product, business management and sales challenges and strategies.
- Actively contributes to the definition of the category business plan.
- Establishes relationships and represents team with sales force and other partners at senior level.
- Product line and quota responsibility for a significant share of the product range, or a specific customer segment.
- Functional responsibility for the team in one or several areas (market analysis, marketing engagement, SF communication etc).
- May participate in engagement partnership with external IT vendor.
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelors degree in Marketing or Finance.
- Typically 5-8 years of professional experience with a combination of Marketing, Sales, Business Planning experience preferred.
- Consumer and/or Commercial Partner management expertise End User Acct management as an alternative.
Knowledge and Skills:
- IT industry knowledge.
- Business planning skills, multidimensional.
- Financial planning and modelling skills, comfortable to manage high complexity business planning and reporting.
- Strong communication skills at senior management internally and externally.
- Knowledge of promotional marketing processes and practices.
- Negotiation skills and ability to frame the product value proposition to customers/partners.
- Leadership skills and cross functional expertise (sales, supply chain, marketing.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Deadline: Not specified