APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish Maersk Group – a Global Fortune 500 company with about 89,000 employees and offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities in a range of fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and manufacturing industries – Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals!
Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your work place.
Reach Stacker Operator
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 1 – 2 years
- Operate the Reach stacker / Empty Handler for receiving / loading / Shifting in the stack / housekeeping activity for containers to and from the yard for vessels operations or serving the land side customers for deliveries etc as per work order queues in a safe manner.
- Inspects equipment at beginning of shift to ensure that all of the parts are operating properly.
- Identifies and reports any safety problems, malfunctions, or damage to yard handling equipment, before, during or after the shift.
- Follows safe operating procedures and instructions, preventing any injury to persons, or damage to containers and other equipment and property.
- Carries out duties and tasks in an efficient, productive manner.
Who We Are Looking For
- One to two years of heavy vehicle driving or similar work experience
- Must have understanding of operating heavy vehicles
- Understands and observes safety requirements for driving heavy vehicles within a disciplined environment
- Requires Basic English language skills
- Good eyesight and hand eye coordination
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Value and team-based leadership.
- An open and engaging working environment.
- A wide range of international career opportunities.
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth in a dynamic environment.
- Competitive compensation packages
Job Type: Part Time
Experience: 5 – 7 years
Location: Onne, River
- Responsible for efficient purchasing of inventory, supplies and capital equipment for the company. Receives purchase requisitions and verifies for accuracy and authorization(s).
- Responsible for tender’s procedures, receiving bids, coordinates for committees; evaluating, assessing and selecting bidders based on capabilities and written criteria.
- Establishes and executes procedures for procurement policy in conjunction with CFO.
- Prepares and issues purchase orders; determines and negotiates prices, delivery and credit terms; buys according to established company policies and procedures; maintains accurate purchasing records.
- Responsible for evaluating, assessing and selecting vendors based on capabilities, performance and consistent quality assurance. Maintains rapport and good working relationships with vendors; keeps accurate vendor records.
- Evaluates inventory reorder levels and quantity price breaks to determine most economical purchasing of inventory and supplies in relationship to company’s cost of capital. Prepares monthly reports and reviews forecast of purchasing commitments with Vice President of Finance.
- Expedites purchase orders as necessary and ensures delivery of purchased items for uninterrupted production flow.
- Performs other purchasing or inventory control duties as necessary or as requested.
- Prepare contracts in collaboration with relevant departments.
- Administrate, coordinate and cooperatively work with other departments, to resolve all issues relevant to the suppliers and vendors.
- Analyze and strive to maintain up-to-date knowledge of market trends, pricing, availability, and capacity, technology and supplier capability relative to the product or parts assigned.
- Assist subordinates in actively resisting any supplier request for price increase requiring the supplier to provide adequate documentation and justification to support such requests.
- Ensures that a proper inventory control system is in place to carefully monitor stock positions, reorder levels & obsolescence of stock
- Manages storekeeping functions from both a central & technical department perspective
- Supervises the daily requisitions from end user and checks the status of item requested.
- Keep stock on hand in order to minimize purchases.
- Ensures that adequate stocks of key components are maintained in the stores to ensure there is no downtime in operational activity due to lack of stock/spares
- The position is primarily expected to deliver by following specific company policies in the management of procurement activities while setting objectives for subordinated positions. The position is expected to deliver results in a timely manner as non delivery has a direct impact on the terminals ability to function
- The position is expected to constantly strive to improve inventory management methods & obtain best possible delivery prices from vendors
- The position has a direct impact on primarily the operational & financial aspects of the terminal & is therefore complex in nature.
Who We are Looking For
- Requires a college degree in Business Management, Accounting, or related discipline. Some formal instruction in engineering or an engineering-related discipline helpful.
- Requires at least five to seven years of purchasing experience in private industry, preferably in shipping or transportation industry. In addition, must have at least three years of managerial experience, directing a purchasing staff of similar size and scope.
- Must have extensive knowledge of procurement practices and principles.
- Must have extensive knowledge of customs laws, rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Must have a working knowledge of managerial and leadership principles, with the ability to influence other management team members and lead a department of technically proficient individuals.
- Must have some working knowledge of engineering terms, drawings, and engineering specifications.
- Must have thorough understanding and should have worked on an ERP and understands the complexity between Inventory, Procurement and Finance systems.
- Must have strong experience in managing & using inventory control systems
- Must have demonstrated negotiation skills.
- Must be able to exercise sound business judgment in order to set direction and establish priorities.
- Requires verbal and written communications skills in English at the advanced level.
- Requires excellent analytical skills, including the ability to extract, compile and analyze data.
- Must be able to understand basic finance & accounting principles in order to control budgets & costs
- Cost/Price analysis skills
- Knowledge of contract laws, and conditions.
- Very high ethical standards
- A wide range of national and international career opportunities
- Opportunities for professional growth in a dynamic environment
Method of Application
Use the links below to apply on company website.