PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) firms help organisations and individuals create the value they’re looking for. We’re a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 200,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. In Sub-Saharan Africa, we’re the largest provider of professional services with offices in 34 countries and close to 9 000 people.
We are currently recruiting suitable qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Experienced Associate – Assurance (Financial Services)
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 2 years
Reference Number: 125-NIG00135
Job type: Permanent
- The Audit Associate will be responsible for learning and applying technical skills and working as part of an engagement team carrying out the audit of companies in the financial services industry, under the supervision of Audit Seniors and Audit Managers.
Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Establish working knowledge of the client’s accounting procedures and processes.
- Evaluate internal control systems and policies and procedures; making recommendations for improvements
- Perform substantive tests and tests of controls to identify and resolve accounting or reporting issues
- Identify any accounting or audit issues and perform the necessary research to resolve such issues
- Provide recommendations for strengthening internal controls and promoting business efficiency.
- Proactive in seeking coaching and clarification on assigned tasks from the audit seniors and audit managers.
- Lead small engagement team with responsibility for on-field team activities, coaching and supervision
- Act as an assistant team lead on medium sized engagement while reporting effectively to the senior associate and manager (as required).
- Build strong working relationships with client contacts.
- Works as an effective team member to complete project components and assigned tasks, including:
- Assisting with the preparation of financial statements, footnote disclosures and management letter comments.
- Assisting with engagement administration including preparation of audit plans, budgets and engagement letters.
- Preparing client assistance schedules (CAS) and following-up on client deliverables
- Candidate must possess not more than 3 years relevant work experience
- Excellent analytical, presentation and research skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to take responsibility for personal growth
- Excellent attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree/Higher National Diploma in Accounting with not less than Second Class Upper division/Upper Credit
- Minimum of two (2) years relevant working experience.
- Strong team-working
- Desire for continuous improvement
- Good listening
- A proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions.
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Job Type: Full Time
Qualification: BA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
Experience: 20 years
Reference Number: 130-PEO00715
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Job type: Permanent
- The CEO will be responsible for overseeing the development and efficient implementation of the Corporate Strategy through effective leadership
Oversee the development and efficient implementation of strategies that:
- Drive significant revenue growth and improved profitability of the company’s flagship distribution company via increases in power supply, reduction in commercial losses, optimisation of power distribution, customer acquisition, improved utilisation of staff and assets, territorial expansion, tariff strategy, non core revenue growth and/or other means
- Grow the company’s capabilities, revenues and profit as a service provider to the power industry
- Identify and vet new investment opportunities for the company to potentially expand its portfolio
Leadership & Communication:
- Interact closely with management of the company’s flagship distribution company, Board Members of both the company and its distribution company, as well as company staff
- Represent the company at meetings with lenders, government officials, investors, service providers, development financial institutions, original equipment manufacturers, customers, potential target companies, tax officials, the company’s offshore company secretary, etc.
- Prepare and present critical corporate performance updates (financial, strategic, development, legal, etc.) to relevant company stakeholders at each Board meeting and/or via the circulation of reports via electronic mail on at least a monthly basis
- In conjunction with the CFO, ensure the generation of quality timely reports on the financial performance of the company and its subsidiaries on at least a monthly basis, including achievement of or failure to achieve targets for revenue growth, loss reduction, etc.
- In conjunction with the Company Secretary, ensure the generation of timely reports on the corporate governance situation of the company and its subsidiaries, including compliance gaps on tax, regulatory, legal, or other filings
- Act as the centre of information for group communication, corresponding with staff and Directors of the company and its subsidiaries, and the company’s offshore company secretary
- Working with other company staff, take responsibility to ensure timely and accurate filing of audited financial statements, tax documents, regulatory reports, etc. in Nigeria and other countries of company’s operations
- Attend board meetings of the company’s flagship distribution company (and future subsidiaries) as an observer for the purpose of:
- Ensuring the implementation of all Board decisions and major activities of the flagship distribution company, many of which may be material and require communication back to the company stakeholders
- Monitoring the performance of the flagship distribution company (and future subsidiaries), with an eye to meeting or exceeding revenue and profitability targets and the successful implementation of key corporate initiatives
- Ensuring that relevant company Board decisions that impact the flagship distribution company are communicated clearly to the distribution company’s Board of Directors and Management team
- Minimum of a first degree in any discipline and MBA or Masters in a related discipline
- Minimum of 20 years cumulative work experience, at least 10 years of which must be in managerial position(s)
- Experience within the electricity/power industry – in particular, experience with electricity distribution
- Strong financial experience, especially with servicing of loans, corporate treasury management, foreign exchange, procuring financing and/or closing acquisitions, etc.
- Previous experience in a business transformation exercise, e.g. privatization, corporate restructuring, etc. is preferable
Method of Application
Use the links below to apply on company website.
Deadline: 9th July, 2017