Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
Job Title: Team Leader, Customer Service
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 2 – 3 years
Location: Kaduna, Lagos
- Lagos Island Application Link
- South-South Application Link
- Lagos Mainland Application Link
- Northern Central Application Link
- North West Application Link
- Lead and supervise the Enquiries, Service Consultants and Frontline Support teams in order to meet and exceed customer service expectations in the Service zone.
- Where necessary direct customers to the correct department and/or migrate to more appropriate channels. Maintain a high level of integrity and ethical standards.
- Key Responsibilities/Accountabilities
- Ensure that subordinates provide customers with appropriate information and services.
- Ensure that subordinates provide customers with exceptional service in the Service Express zone.
- In cases that have been escalated, refer customers to the correct department or migrate to a more appropriate, cost-effective channel, e.g. self-service banking.
- For complaints that have been referred to the incumbent by subordinates, listen to, empathise with and pacify irate customers by swiftly resolving their problems/complaints or when this is not possible referring queries/complaints to the appropriate area and follow up on referrals to ensure satisfactory resolution.
- Initiate steps to resolve issues/problems affecting customer service timeously, where issues are referred by subordinates or identified by the incumbent.
- Ensure identification of opportunities to cross-sell products and services and pass leads to the relevant sales departments.
- Ensure correct scheduling of staff to meet customer demands by using Branch Scheduling Tool (BST)
- Ensure workload fit is achieved
- Lead the Service Express zone team in the provision of excellent service, providing guidance and coaching where necessary.
- Monitor service levels provided and initiate appropriate steps to address any concerns or below standard service.
- Identify and address staff training and development issues.
- Conduct a needs analysis to identify customer needs effectively when opening new accounts or giving product advice, in line with Financial Advisory and Intermediary Service Act licence categories.
- Complete disclosure to the customers in terms of accreditation, service fees, and commission.
- Ensure proper record keeping in terms of Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act as well as the Financial Intelligence Centre Act and National Credit Act requirements.
Key Performance Measures
- Prompt and efficient service, indicated by number of customer complaints in respect of service provided.
- An effective and motivated team – subordinate feedback.
- Queuing times within agreed standards.
- Turn-around times adhered to.
- Compliance with procedures.
- Accurate documentation.
- Positive findings of Internal Audit and compliance reports.
- Achievement of Sales Budgets that have been set for staff in the Express Service zone.
- Build and maintain successful relationships with new and existing customers
- Build and maintain good working relationships with frontline and sales staff, other team leaders and management within the branch and in other business units in order to ensure smooth resolution of customer queries and referrals.
Problem solving, planning and decision making:
- Deal with a wide range of queries from customers taking into account the customers requirements as well as the bank’s operational limitations.
- Problems tend to be operational issues that do not have set solutions and have been referred by either the Service Consultant or the Express Enquiries Officers, they typically require substantial work experience and knowledge to find the correct solution.
- In the case of complaints or difficult situations that are not clear-cut, incumbent recommends appropriate action to management, taking the individual customer history and circumstances into account.
- Works within laid down policy, procedures, system parameters and internal controls.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Degree holder from a recognized University( 2.2 minimum).
- 2 to 3 years branch banking experience, which includes exposure to customer service areas.
- 1 to 2 years experience leading a team would be an advantage.
- Knowledge/Technical Skills/Expertise
- Financial Services related qualifications and experience as determined by the “Fit and Proper Requirements” of the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act.
- Sound knowledge of laid down procedures and policies.
- Excellent knowledge of Self-Service Banking (ATM’s, Internet, Telephone and Cell Phone Banking).
- Comprehensive knowledge of Customer Service principles and how to apply them.
- Comprehensive knowledge of banking products and services offered, and the systems and procedures underpinning them.
- Understanding of the products offered by other Standard Bank Group Companies.
- Knowledge of the functions of the different job roles in the branch.
- Understanding of service and sales initiatives
- Knowledge of the functions and activities of other departments and support entities.
- Knowledge of how to motivate, coach, develop and lead a team.