GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), one of the world’s leading research based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. GSK employs over 97,000 employees in over 100 countries worldwide.
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Nigeria Plc is one of Africa’s largest consumer healthcare companies, producing leading brands such as Lucozade, Ribena and Panadol.
Job Title: Head of Finance
Job Type: Full Time
Qualification: BA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
Experience: 8 – 10 years
Requisition ID: WD117720
Position: Full time
- Finance Partnering: Provides financial information and insight for forecasting, planning and controlling costs to the business. Focus is on financial accounting/analysis to support achievement of internal business goals. May be responsible for budgetary control system and business performance analysis.
- Develops, implements and maintains the financial plans and policies of the organisation. Establishes fiscal controls, prepares financial reports, maintains relations with investment and banking communities, advises management on financial affairs and assists in long-range planning. Responsibilities may include accounting, financial analysis, audit, tax, credit and collections.
- Takes overall responsibility for the Nigeria /OWA Consumer Business P&L’s.
- Serves as a senior finance partner for commercial sales and marketing for both Consumer businesses noted.
- Representative for Consumer commercial matters on the Finance Board.
- Serve as Sr. Finance Business Partner for the Nigeria & OWA revenues of £17.5m
- Responsible for supporting the sales and marketing teams in strategy development and execution, resource allocation, portfolio management & opportunity identification and maximisation.
- Provide leadership and direction to 2 direct reports.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Main focus of this role is to add value to the commercial organisation while keeping in mind relevant risks and ensuring risk and opportunity are balanced at all times.
- Takes overall responsibility for the P & L for both Consumer Nigeria & OWA businesses. Reviewing results overall and signing off results when you comfortable these are accurate.
- Lead and business partnering team in the financial planning processes for Nigeria & OWA ensuring development of robust business plans and forecasts.
- Ensure appropriate timetables regarding budgeting and forecasting is prepared and communicated to the finance and commercial teams.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of monthly results, annual results and all other quarterly submission for the business partnering function.
- Drive Working Capital reduction program across the Nigeria & OWA implementing best practice and ensuring delivery of Working Capital targets.
- Be a catalyst for change and support all commercial projects from an Africa perspective in conjunction with the sales and marketing teams for the better of the business.
- Review advertising and promotion strategies and ensure optimised spend efficiency and use of best practices.
- Support planned NPD initiatives
- Support the S&OP meetings to make informed decisions from a One P&L perspective.
- Support the sales and marketing teams in ROI determinations and making decisions on the best course of action for specific promotions.
- Active management of gross margins by brand/country (for GE) as well as brand contribution margins.
- Active management of overall gross margin, cogs, cogs mix and gross to net ration’s.
- Present A&P and sales information at the monthly commercial meetings.
- Has/develop an in-depth knowledge of the local business, the industry and competitors in the industry.
- Has /develop an established network within the commercial teams and greater organisation.
- Your aim is to spend 40% to 50% of your time in the commercial business supporting the sales team with customer, supporting marketing projects and initiatives, understanding commercial requirements, understanding their challenges and finding solutions to assist with creating value adding solutions.
- Working on ad-hoc projects.
- Effectively presenting and communication information to the business and smaller teams when required.
- Support the GM and area FD with ad-hoc requests
- Support the marketing and sales directors with ad-hoc projects and requests.
- Provide information and assist with internal and external audits.
- Ensure SOP’s / knowledge documents are up to date and reviewed regularly.
- Live the GSK values of integrity, transparency, customer first and respect
- The role requires independent thinking due to the diverse nature of the role in the commercial environment.
- Chartered Accountant / MBA Finance with 8 – 10 years of Post Qualification Experience.
- FMCG experience
- Extensive experience in MS Office.
- Advance knowledge & Skill in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience in working as a commercial business partner
- Experience in a financial accounting role
- Previous CH / FMCG experience
- Experience in emerging markets
- Independent Thinking; (Provide examples of innovations or creative approaches used and indicate the frequency with which they are performed.
- Indicate the degree to which this position is governed by procedures and standards
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should APPLY HERE