ALIMA’s aim since its creation in 2009 is to provide a high standard of healthcare in situations of emergency or medical disaster and to improve the practice of humanitarian medicine by developing innovative projects associated with medical research.
Since its creation, the association and its partners have successfully developed in line with the increase in humanitarian medical needs, especially in Western and Central Africa: 650,000 patients treated in 2015 including over 48,000 hospitalizations, new governance between the partners of the medical NGO platform in the Sahel, new innovative approaches and operational research projects. With operations in nine countries, 17 projects + 7 research projects, over 1,300 employees, ALIMA is a dynamic NGO, effectively deploying medical aid for the most vulnerable.
ALIMA is present in Nigeria since summer, 2016. Following several exploration missions and noticing critical thresholds of malnutrition (particularly in Mongono, 13% of MAS in June 2016), ALIMA decided to open a mission in the Borno State in order to implement primary health care projects and to bring nutritional assistance to IDP and host communities of two LGA, Monguno and Muna (Jere LGA).
These situations require appropriate medical and logistical resources. Therefore, ALIMA Nigeria’s mission is seeking to fill the position of “Purchaser” based in greater Maiduguri.
Job Type: Full Time
Qualification: Secondary School (SSCE) BA/BSc/HND
Experience: 2 years
The purchaser, under the direct supervision of the Supply Supervisor and overall supervision of the Supply Manager, is responsible for procurement activities in Maiduguri. He/Her have to plan, organize procurement activities in compliance with ALIMA procedures and ensure timely delivery, reception and dispatching of goods as required.
Contract Duration: 5 months
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform administrative procurement activities in a timely and efficient manner, to support the acquisition of goods and services for efficient field operations;
- Process purchase orders, ensures all related information is available in the local database or filing system;
- Negotiate and purchase: spot purchase, obtain quotations, tender;
- Negotiate purchase conditions and purchase all specific goods and services as specified in the requests;
- Assist supply supervisor to clarify problematic requisition orders;
- Monitor the delivery of procurement requisitions, verifying receipt and inspection of deliverables, and performing follow up actions to ensure supplies reach the desired operations;
- Visit and prospect suppliers, select and evaluate their legality;
- Update, manage and maintain relevant databases and records, to ensure the information is accurate, organized, and available for others to access, and supports reporting requirements;
- Maintain good filing system for Internal Request files, suppliers’ files, products’ files;
- Perform any other task incidental to the above as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable;
- Minimum of 2 years of progressive experience in a function related to the purchasing or contracting of goods and services such as procurement, transport and logistics;
- Very good command of English (oral and written) and Hausa or Kanuri;
- Good computer skill MS word, MS excel.
- Strongly motivated by humanitarian work;
- Autonomous, reactive and able to deal with priorities;
- Extremely rigorous and precise, attention to details;
- Diplomatic, able to work in a team, under pressure in sometimes a dangerous environment;
- Good management, organizational and communication skills;
- Professionalism, integrity, interpersonal skills, goal focus.
Deadline for application: 16th August/2017.
ALIMA is an equal opportunity employer. Women are encouraged to apply.
Note: Only short listed applicants will be contacted
Applicants should send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 16th August, 2017