For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies. Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations. MdM currently works in 44 countries across all continents where it focuses on 4 priority areas: caring for the health of migrants and displaced persons, promoting sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction associated with drug use, emergencies and crisis.
Violence in the northeast of Nigeria has caused massive displacement and at the same time restricted movement: it has disrupted food supplies, seriously hindered access to basic services, and limited agricultural activities.
Since February 2016, as humanitarian access is increasing, extreme food insecurity and malnutrition conditions have been revealed in Borno state.
MdM has started since October 2016 an emergency response to this crisis, in the Borno state and is looking for experienced human resources to join the team and consolidate its intervention towards vulnerable internally displaced people and host population. In 2017, MDM strategy in Borno state will focus on improving access to: 1) Free comprehensive PHC services, 2) Quality nutrition treatment for malnourished children, 3) Mental health and psychosocial support, 4) Lifesaving medical care, holistic referral services for survivors of gender based violence.
Human Resources Coordinator (M/F)
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 3 years
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under the supervision of the general coordinator, you are responsible for the overall human resources (HR) management. You directly supervise the human resources manager and work closely with the coordination team.
- Regarding the fact this position is new and the context which can evolve quickly, an important part will be also to refine roles and responsibilities and to train the HR team.
More specifically, your activities are to:
- Contribute to the development of organizational charts
- Update the classification and salary grid and ensure its strict implementation
- Develop harmonize job profiles templates in the respect of the classification grid
- Develop contract staffs templates and ensure the strict implementation
- Develop harmonize HR tools and supervise the implementation by field teams
- Supervise the overall recruitment and training of national staffs
- Update yearly evaluation template, explain and monitor its implementation
- Supervise the administrative and payroll procedures
- Take part in disciplinary procedures and investigations
- Elaborate HR expat folder requirement, control and monitor its implementation
- Liaise with international NGOs HR coordinators incountry
- Provide relevant data and regular reporting
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Status : Employee
Contract : Fixed Term contract
Duration : 6 months
Starting date: 1st of June 2017
Base: Maiduguri with regular visits to Abuja
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
- Diploma in HR management or similar education
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in HR
- Experience of 1 year minimum in a similar position with an I.NGO
- Experience in negotiation and relationships with authorities in a moving and difficult legal context
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel)
- Organisational skills, rigor, diplomacy
- Ability to provide training
- Ability to work under stressful situation and to live in tense conditions
Languages: English fluent
You are committed to MdM’s values as an organisation and motivated by its nonstatutory, NFP model.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should APPLY HERE
Deadline: Not specified