The Company is driving innovations that extract value from material, polymer, chemical and biological science to help address many of the world’s most challenging problems, such as the need for fresh food, safer and more sustainable transportation, clean water, energy efficiency, more durable infrastructure, and increasing agricultural productivity. Dow’s integrated, market-driven portfolio delivers a broad range of technology-based products and solutions to customers in 175 countries and in high-growth sectors such as packaging, infrastructure, transportation, consumer care, electronics, and agriculture. In 2016, Dow had annual sales of $48 billion and employed approximately 56,000 people worldwide. The Company’s more than 7,000 product families are manufactured at 189 sites in 34 countries across the globe.
Job Title: Account Manager
- The Dow Chemical Company is offering great business career opportunities in a global and international environment. We are looking for ambitious junior candidates who are interested in joining us as a Dow Adhesives Account Manager – West Africa (m/f) to be based in Nigeria.
Major job responsibilities:
- Account management and market development
- Effective implementation of business strategy
- Strong focus on the business growth that requires building strong, in-depth relationships with customer in the assigned region
- Delivery of high level service to customers – effectively resolve any quality or service issues that arise
- Seeking for new market opportunities in the Adhesives business and tracking market trends
- Develop forecasts on anticipated customer product consumption
- Acquire as well as deepen knowledge about competitive environment and customers’ needs where Dow products and solutions can be offered
- Drive implementation for these solutions in alignment with account management team
- Work closely with sales related functions to build good teamwork, foster customer satisfaction and deliver business results
- Lead cross-functional teams and be able to collaborate effectively with other departments: Marketing, Technical Service, Commercial Excellence, etc.
- Fluent English is a must; excellent French is a strong asset
- University degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Economics or other related faculty
- At least 2 years of sales or sales related experience is desirable, ideally in chemical industry.
- Possessing relevant, in-depth working sales experience is a value that could destine to more advanced job responsibilities and functions
- Ability to work independently and make decisions in situations where awareness of huge responsibility is not an obstacle
- Enterprising, presenting initiative and deeply motivated personality that finds satisfaction in being offered flexibility, freedom and direct impact on market development
- Bright negotiator showing strong persuasive skills
- Readiness to act in frequently changing , dynamic business conditions
- Eagerness to widen competences, face challenges and grow within the business structures, regional functions and responsibilities are anticipated carrier development path
- Readiness for frequent business travelling.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should