The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) – For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments
Community Mobilization Assistant
Job Type: Full Time
- The Reading and Numeracy Activity (RANA) isa 3-year (2015-2018) UNICEF-funded early primary grades reading pilot project implemented in partnership with FH1360, in collaboration with the Federation of Muslim Womens Associations in Nigeria, governments of Katsina and Zamfara states respectively.
- RANA aims to improve literacy and numeracy for girls and boys in primary grades 13 in the supported states. It is assisting 100 formal Schools and Integrated Qur’anic Schools (IQS) in each of the states.
Minimum Recruitment Standard
- Expertise in community mobilization, stakeholder’s analysis and strategic planning.
- Computer literate and proficient in the use of Word Processing, Spreadsheets; excellent in Report Writing, Oral and Interpersonal Communication Skills.
- Hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of community development projects is an added advantage.
- Should be a Degree holder or its recognized equivalent with at least one year relevant experience with International Development Programme.
- Demonstrate ability to work with Government, Partners and/or Local Government structures, and school settings.
- Proven expertise in Hausa language.
- Demonstrate experienced in coordination of community based meetings, setting realistic priorities, and planning for successful implementation of RANA activities.
- S/he is able to make independent decisions and actions in his/her field of activity.
- Must be a resident of one of the three supported Local Government Areas (i.e Batsari, Kankia or Rimi LGAs)
Applicants should forward their resume (CV) and a cover letter in a single MS Word or PDF document to: email@example.com
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and applications sent electronically (via e-mail) with the job title and locations clearly indicated as the subject will be considered.
Deadline: 23rd August, 2017