360 Degree Habitat Limited, is currently seeking to employ suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Geotechnical Engineer
- Perform geotechnical and geological engineering tasks including field investigations; logging of soil and rock;
- Perform field exploration, inspection, analysis; provide technical support with supervision of field staffs
- Perform field testing; use geotechnical and civil equipment and instrumentation
- Performance of geotechnical in-situ tests; coordination of laboratory testing; installation and monitoring of geotechnical instrumentation; site characterization, engineering analyses (foundation, earthwork, slope stability, seepage, seismic), calculations and other infrastructure projects under the supervision of an experienced engineer.
- Interpret data and test results, perform geotechnical calculations, analyze data with civil/geotechnical software, and assist in drafting reports
- Perform engineering analyses, prepare technical memos,field and sections of reports, construction specifications and other written documentation.
- Execution of field construction responsibilities
- May supervise subcontractors
- Follow company safety standards and site safety standards
- Prepare draft designs
- Prepare design drawings using computer aided design and drafting equipment.
- Prepare cost estimates, schedules and construction documents, monitor construction activities in the field.
- Work out of office on field assignments up to 50% of the time. Potential work on out of area temporary assignments.
- Conduct engineering or scientific calculations; design work, preliminary analysis, and layout
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering (Masters in Civil a plus) with Geotechnical emphasis.
- 1 to 3 years of related experience with engineering intern certification.
- P.E. strongly preferred
- Excellent time management and organizational skills required.
- Must have strong oral/written communication skills and ability to work well in teams.
- Flexibility to work outside normal business hours as required
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint) with technical analysis software, MS
- Strong fundamental knowledge of geologic and/or geotechnical engineering principles, soil and rock mechanics, earthquake engineering, and engineering design. Working knowledge of numeric modeling and finite element analysis, seismic hazard assessments, seismic analysis and designs and proficiency with related geotechnical computer applications a plus.
- Willingness to travel on temporary assignments as needed
Application Closing Date
31st May, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications via mail to: email@example.com