Global Profilers is a Recruitment & HR Services firm specialized in recruitment in Africa; we are currently looking for the role of a General Manager for our client who is a midsized agricultural firm.
General Manager (Farms)
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 6 years
- The General Manager will be responsible for managing the several functional departments and will also be responsible for overseeing management of the farm activities and operations in the most cost effective manner within quality standards to ensure the firm is viable with a defined and clear strategy.
- Develop long, medium and short term strategies that will enable growth, consistency of quality of goods, profitability of operations and staff retention.
- Directs activities to ensure approved farm produce are on schedule and within quality standards and cost objectives
- Setting up a structure to aid the effective day-to day administration of the Company and following through to ensure execution of planned objectives.
- Ensure effective mobilization of the company resources to increase the Company’s dynamic capability to execute planned projects in several locations as will be deemed fit.
- Manage internal systems to aid Company growth both in size and revenue.
- Overseeing Production activities and Inventory Control.
- Coordination of all Sales/Marketing activities in collaboration with the Sales team whilst leveraging on every contact available to source for new or potential clients.
- Develops, monitors, and reports on operating costs within functional areas. Alerts management of cost and labour over run, makes recommendations and implements solutions to problems related to same.
- Support / Promote Continuous Improvement activities to enhance plant efficiencies and ensure the plants are meeting standardised expectations.
Qualification and Experience:
Education and Qualification
- Experience of 6+ years in a managerial position in a manufacturing/ food processing company.
- Degree in Business Management, Finance, Agribusiness, Production, or related subject.
- Knowledgeable with the regulatory bodies in the Agricultural Industry.
- Good working knowledge of how finance reporting can affect a firm will be highly appreciated
- Exceptional Leadership skills with proven track record of managing individuals from different social class and coming from different culture or tradition.
- Astute at providing strategic guidance and planning skills.
- Ability to handle multiple simultaneous tasks and to function well under pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional ability to manage resources.
- Highly organized and proactive.
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Method of Application
Kindly send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Not specified