ALE is an engineering specialist. The core activity of the group involves engineering solutions for the horizontal and vertical movement of very large individual items.
Our expertise lies in all aspects of heavy lifting and transportation, including specialised cranes, transporters, hydraulic equipment, and barges. The unique nature of our work means that we rely on highly skilled operators and engineers to work on our projects in a safety critical environment.
Job Type: Full Time
Qualification: BA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
Experience: 3 – 5 years
Job Reference: ALE/TP/26959/4549
Contract Type: Full Time
Job Category: Logistics/Transportation
- We are currently in a business expansion process. Our South African offices are covering Southern Africa and Sub-Saharan African countries.
- As a General Manager, your challenge will be to raise awareness of the ALE brand and services for the assigned area. You will manage operations, develop business and increase profitability for ALE in Nigeria.
- Reporting directly to the Director – South Africa, you will be able to call upon ALE’s huge diverse array of engineering skills, equipment and operational logistics team to design, offer and then provide unique and innovative solutions to the most demanding heavy lift and transport challenges.
- Our industry is extremely niche, so while commercial heavy lift experience is valuable it is not a requirement. If you thrive on client engagement and the challenge of growing a business, then we can help lift your career to new heights.
- Provides strategic direction to the sales and marketing team to ensure delivery of broad business objectives
- Fosters good relationship with customers, government, community organizations and employees and ensures compliance with regulatory and country laws
- Develops a successful commercial development strategy for the country
- Coordinates and develops all departments and ensures operational and strategic goals are achieved
- Oversees the financial function of the business and ensures that controls are in place to enhance accountability and alignment with business strategies
- Expected to recruit and manage staff, including performance monitoring and possibly mentoring and training
- Coordinate global support (engineering, personnel, equipment, etc.) when required
- As the business grows develop in country capability across functions, i.e. Sales, Operations, Project Management, Finance, HR, Engineering & HSQE functions.
- Gathers information on market trends and competitor activities to enhance strategic decision making
- Report back business activity, sales and financial performance to Director & board.
- Ensure ALE standard business policies and procedures are implemented and maintained
- Tertiary qualification
- Engineering Degree
- Blend of marketing, sales, technical and finance
- Logistics and/or industrial construction
- Strong understanding of business operations
- Industry related knowledge
- At least 3-5 years’ experience working in a general manager’s role
- Oil & Gas and/or Power Generation
- Cross functional experience, eg. sales, operations, engineering, etc.
- International business development
- Selling services
- Nigerian market
Skills & Abilities
- Leadership & Management skills
- Fluent English Speaker
- Collaboration skills
- Negotiation & Persuasion skills
- Project Management Skills
- Computer skills
- Strategic thinking
- Strategic and analytical skills
- Excellent networking skills
- Creative and Innovative
- High level of responsibility and self-motivation
- Professional presentation
- Ethical conduct
- Pro-active and taking initiative
- Target driven/competitive
- Effective communicator
- Able to inspire others
- Drive change
- Eligible to work in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Valid passport
- Willing to travel
- International driving licence
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should APPLY HERE
Deadline: 31st July, 2017