UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
FT Budget Assistant GS-5
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: Secondary School (SSCE)
- Experience: 5 years
- Location: Abuja
Job Number: 518249
Work Type: Fixed Term Staff
Major duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor the support budget and Cross Sectoral Programme Budget preparation, allocations and consumptions and prepare Periodic budget reports and reconciliation of expense;
- Assist the Finance Section in reviewing the utilization report and liquidation documents related to Direct Cash Transfers, Direct Payments and Mobile Money Payments;
- Review Budget expenditure by codes against approved allotments and verify compliance with reports received from Headquarters;
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation and follow up for timely and adequate recording of open items;
- Assist in keeping in custody finance/accounting records for Nigeria Country Office for audit purpose and recommends destruction of obsolete records at appropriates time;
- Act as a backup for cash office and petty cash custodian in the absence of the cashier;
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- Education: Completion of Secondary Education
- Work Experience: Five (5) years related job experience
- Language: Fluency in oral and written English is required.
View our competency framework at (Pdf):
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Interested and qualified candidates should APPLY HERE
Deadline: 14th December, 2018