Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfill their potential.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Project Manager – Food For Peace (FFP)
Job Type: Full Time
- Administer the development and successful implementation of work plans and oversee the creation of reports and other deliverables to FFP in a timely and accurate manner.
- Oversee and support implementation through a local partner, including the supervision of proper targeting, identification, registration, and monitoring of beneficiary lists to prevent overlap with other humanitarian programs in the intervention zone.
- Quality technical leadership and advice to the local partner around the design, implementation and monitoring of project work at state and community levels.
- Coordinate closely with other humanitarian actors and UN agencies carrying food vouchers, and food distributions for geographic mapping and to ensure program activities are in line with national and humanitarian food security priorities.
- Ensure that efficient systems are in place to support all aspects of project activity, including financial and grant management, project monitoring and evaluation, and sub grant management, and that they support the effective use of project resources in compliance with FFP regulations.
- Work closely with the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) team to develop appropriate monitoring and evaluation plans and to capture learning opportunities around the effectiveness of voucher-based programming, and in particular, the use of e-vouchers.
- Supervise emergency field based project staff: conduct performance evaluations, identify staff skills development needs and assist the DTL and FFP-Director to meet these needs, provide management support to staff as needed, and maintain office policy of respect and communication between supervisors and subordinates.
- See that all staff are aware of and understand SC policies and procedures; take appropriate disciplinary measures as needed.
- Promote accountability, communicating expectations and providing constructive feedback through regular performance reviews.
- Responsible for the timely recruitment, orientation, and training of new staff as needed.
- Ensure all administrative procedures are followed, such as those regarding vehicle use and procurement; ensure logistics/administrative staff provides sufficient and timely support to programs and programmatic staff, and that data collection processes are standardized and applied by all field staff.
Qualifications and Experience
- Extensive experience of working within a senior management role within a complex country programme in an emergency response or fragile state
- Previous experience of managing programme teams in large-scale first phase emergency response is essential
- Education: MA / MSc level (or equivalent field experience) in Agriculture, Rural Development, Development Studies and other relevant qualifications
- Experience of M&E and beneficiary accountability systems in large complex programmes
- Experience of developing and negotiating successful partnerships with institutional donors
- Proven ability to influence change at an operational and strategic level
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- A high level of written and spoken English
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of SC. In particular, a good understanding of the SC mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
- Fluent in English
Human Resources Assistant
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 2 years
Job ID: sav-90603
Job Type: Full-time
- The purpose of the assignment is to provide professional HR support to Save the Children’s programme team based in Lagos Area Office.
- The HR Assistant will provide administrative/HR support for the effective implementation of activities in Lagos Area office.
- S/he will liaise with the other departments in Lagos Area office and the Country office and ensure agreed action regarding HR, Admin, Logistics or other support is taken, and give feedback to the team.
- The job holder will also undertake other support duties including, but not limited to cover for front desk, arranging travel and meetings/workshops for the Country Office.
Scope of the Role
- Reports to: HR Coordinator
- Staff directly reporting to this post: None
- Budget responsibility: None
Key Areas of Accountability
- Responsible for maintaining personnel filing system in both soft and hard for HR department
- Review personnel and recruitment files in identifying missing documents
- Collate missing information in excel spread sheet
- Follow up with staffs and recruiting managers on missing documents in personnel and recruitments files
- Update and circulate the filing list regularly to HR team members.
- Collate induction materials in readiness for induction
- Provide administrative support to Line Manager in arranging for HR trainings
- Maintain all personnel files in line with HR best practice standards
- Assist the HR Coordinator with arranging for interviews
- Update staff information on HRIS
- Follow-up with Country Office and Field HR focal persons on recruitment documents
- Responsible for maintaining all recruitment documentation in line with SCI guideline
- Track probation and prepare confirmation letters
- Track staff leave days using the leave tracker
- Ensure leave tracker is updated
- Responsible for collection of time-sheets and file and track as appropriate
- Any other duty assigned by Line Manager
- Assist in following up of missing document from the CO and Field offices.
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Relations & Personnel Management (HR), Business Administration or Social Sciences
- With at least 2 years’ experience in similar role covering Staff and performance management as well as HR Generalist administration.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, with proven administrative skills
- Sound knowledge of office practices, procedures and administrative systems including filing systems
- Ability to manage competing priorities effectively in a constantly changing environment, meet deadlines and work calmly under pressure
- Strong coordination and time management skills
- Experience of dealing with diary management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong teamwork skills with the ability to both support colleagues and request support as and when required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, fluent in English
- Ability to draft well-written, professionally presented documents
- IT experience – Proficient in Microsoft Office and database applications
- Commitment to Save the Children mission, vision and values
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Deadline: 31st August, 2017